303 snowthrower for 2000 series

Cattech

I have the earlier 303 snowthrower for my 2165. Great blower when everything is working right. Problem is, it uses a double belt drive setup & the second belt only lasts about 10 hours - @ $70 a piece for the Cub belt. The other problem is the tensioner for that belt, it hangs down behind the blower, and will hit the ground any time the blower goes over an edge. Doubly troublesome is the fact the belt tension lessens as the blower drops and the tensioner would need to take up more slop. So unless your blowing snow off a nice flat concrete slab, you constantly lose belt tension causing it to slip.

My question is, has anyone converted one of these over to the newer 341 style shaft drive or made something similar. I checked the prices on the Cub gear boxes and shaft, and they want more than a new blower would cost. I've had several ideas, from making a front PTO for my tractor and using a short drive shaft like a deere, to a hyd drive with a seperate reservoir, to buying a gear box & shaft at fleet farm and cobbling something together. Or, should I just sell this blower to some poor sap and buy a new 341.

I have the same mower and blower.It sounds like something is way off.I never had that kind of issue with it.I want to get a 341.The way it sounds that might be your best route.My gearbox went out this year.I put in a good used one and its fine now

Archived