New hydraulic filter extension on 1466

Heres the new filter extension I got for my 1466 Im working on. Can use 2 filters now with this. Im anxious to see if I can tell any difference when I get it done.

DSCF1532.JPG

As these tractors get older and there are more internal leaks, the common fix is to install a larger hydraulic pump. This works quite well, unless you are using maybe a loader. When it is cold out the stock filter will bypass with the larger pump. This double filter makes a huge difference.

Yep, like gonzo said, cold oil supposed to create less filter restriction. I have the high gpm mcv pump in this one and I would imagine the hitch pump is the larger one too. Dont know that for sure but over 10000 hours on it probably not original.

We have these filter extensions on our 784 loader tractor and our 806. Sure made a huge difference on the loader tractor.

Did you have to change the filter hosing on the 806 to the 2 peice like the 66 series has? Dads 806 has the one peice stamped steel filter housing. We were thinking about puting one on his too but I think the loader frame that goes to the rear axle would hit the filter after it was installed.

I put extensions on my 3688,1256, 756 and 656. I couldn't belive the difference they made in the performance of the hydraulic systems. really speeded thing up, especially when cold.

jerry

Yep, Pats got the right info there. Think it cost me 65 or 70 bucks.

Hey 1967806, I really dont know much about the one on the 806 because my brother installed that one. I will see what I can find out though.

For you guys looking for the filter extensions, you will find them at the National farm Machinery Show in Louisville next week.

No, the filters just but together end to end. Evidently they seal fine end to end. The first one goes in against the baffle plate like normal, the second one goes against the first one and then the bypass assembly fits in the outer one like it does on the original but they sent a rubber gasket to go over the bypass to make a better seal against the filter. Then you slap the cap on and tigten the bolts down. The original wing bolts get replaced by some long 5/16x 6" bolts or so.

Archived