Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harold H

Best Looking IH Pickup Series

What do you think was the best looking International pickup series of all time?

Harold H

I personally think the best looking International pickups of all time were the 1956-early 1957 S series pickup trucks. A close runner up would be the 1940's KB series pickup trucks.

Harold H

Of course I would like to have one no matter what the year.

But if I had to choose I guess I would choose the 1948. A classic look and I really liked the little chorme extensions or wings on the grille.

Bill

Im partial to the L and KB series pickups/trucks. But overall i like em all

I guess there is no real answer to this question. An IH is an IH.

I am impressed that IH kept their styling so up-to-date back in the '30s.

I like my '30s D series- not really a pickup, but I'd like to have one. R series are the classis IH pickup after that.

pickups, i would have to say a 34 or 35 C series followed by 70-74 3/4 ton 4x4's

Trucks...............hmmmmmm...........I really like my '33 B4 2 ton :wub: and my '55 R-202 :wub:

pickup trucks KB-1,2,3

big trucks R-190,200,220

My favorites are the late 40s KBs and the 61-68 C,A,B,C series.

Kind of off thread here but how could a company make a pick-up as beautiful as the KB series follow them up with the ugly L series. Eason

At least you can fit into the cab of an L series. To drive a K series you can't be built like me or Eason.

Mike

Very true Mike!!!!! Eason

Did anybody see the D line pickup that International "modernized" several years ago? That was one sharp pickup truck IMHO. They should have put it into production.

Harold H

Harold H

Try this link for a picture and specs of the modernized D pickup which International calls a DMAXX. www.internationaltrucks.com/DMAXX/#

Harold H

Did anybody see the D line pickup that International "modernized" several years ago? That was one sharp pickup truck IMHO. They should have put it into production.

Harold H

Harold H

Very true Mike!!!!! Eason

Eason, I fit right in to a K series pickup.....................................When I was 19 years old ! laugh.gif

Bill

1029520203032927439S425x425Q85.jpg My B110 is about my first choice but those KB front ends are hard to beat. I always considered the K and KB trucks looked more "car-like" than any of the other companies.

Harold H

I owned a C99 IHC truck I sold it years ago but sure wished I had it now .It was a very small truck with a slant four engine and a five foot box . I bought the first BC 180 with a 345 ,great truck .I wondered why IH didn't make a pickup with that cab .It sure would have been a winner .

Homesteader the A and B series used the same cab as the BC series. The C series from 61 to 69 used the same cab but it was channeled to sit lower on the frame. Eason

I will only discuss ones I owned: A 1960 B100, really loved the cockpit style dash gages and the high roof, and the stacked round headlights great truck; wish I still had it after all those years. No bad rust after many years of use. Great pulling BD240 engine

1970 1200D 4X4 they tried to build a chev by international with the new design xxxD series.

I would not have it back if I could have it new.

1969 1100D Travelal, not again; That body was a rust bucket. In Southern Cal it was rusted out in starnge places (rear floor + over the tail gate + over the wind shild + behind rear fenders. after it was 8 years old. Another Chev by International but Int could not build a Chev body correctly.

I personally believe the xxxxD line put INT out of the light truck business.

I saw a 5 year old one once that was so rusted out the windshild could not be replaced.

The v304 and v345 engine never were a problem; body left them a little early.

Harold H

1961- 68. 1968 being my favorite.

Even with all of the fancy new pickups on the road, I still think the 1956 S-110, S-120, S-130 line was the best looking of any brand, any year. I know it didn't have all the modern comfort and convience features or the option of club cabs and crew cabs, but from a looks standpoint, it is tops.

Harold H

Given that I own a 1972 Model 1210.. I like the way it looks. Style-wise it can compete with all the new ones

Myron B

I BET A NEW 2011 INTERNATIONAL PICKUP WOULD GET A LOT OF VOTES FOR BEST LOOKIN' ?

Bill