Picked up a new toy today

I bought this drill about a month ago, off purple wave, and just had a chance to go pick it up. It was exactly like described. I had to go out to Mound Vally ks to get it, so it was a nice little drive from the house. Before I tell you what I gave for it, could yall tell me what this drill is worth????? :P

drill009.jpg

drill010.jpg

drill011.jpg

Ill get some better pics later, as Im getting ready to head back out on the road.

John arround here that drill would be anywhere from $1500 to $2500 Eason

John arround here that drill would be anywhere from $1500 to $2500 Eason

About the same here.

John,

I'm going to guess you gave $1,200.00 for it.

But what do I know? (Nothing) :P

Rick G.

Oh...Well...according to what you guys have said, I believe I got a deal on it!! By the time it was all said and done I had a little over $600 in it!! I almost bought a cyclo planter on the same auction, but at the last minute, some one out bid me. I thought I had it for $80 and it sold for $100. Im looking forward to playing with it.

Under the lid, it gives a setting for soybeans...I had thought about trying my hand in it, is there anything I would need to do other then set it for beans? Thanks again guys, I felt pretty good about it, but feel even better now!! It even has the IH cylinder with it!! One other thing, can you still get tires like that?

I didn't post earlier for fear of offending JandM or any of you guys over in the eastern states. But since ks_farmer posted a lower price I don't feel too bad.

We paid a bit under $300 for a 16' 510 press drill (not end wheel) in like new condition except for the paint. Yep, I think we stole it too...I figured it should've brought at least $600-700 in that condition and dad was willing to go to $500.

I don't know if there's any large value difference between the end wheel and press versions, very seldom do you see an end wheel up here in south central ND.

I think the biggest difference is what part of the country we're all from. Up here you very seldom see anyone running a drill anymore...they don't make em big enough to seed quarters & sections at a crack.

Not enough small farmers left up here and those left are older guys. All the young guys think BIG BIG BIG and just have to have 4wds and airseeders for everything to be able to get all that land planted.

As for running beans out of one, I think the ones that IH used to call "soybean specials" were all press wheel style. We don't plant beans so I'm not sure if you'd need the wheels to close after seeding or not.

I suspect all the 510s got the same rate chart stuck under the lid whether they were end wheel or press.

Oh...Well...according to what you guys have said, I believe I got a deal on it!! By the time it was all said and done I had a little over $600 in it!! I almost bought a cyclo planter on the same auction, but at the last minute, some one out bid me. I thought I had it for $80 and it sold for $100. Im looking forward to playing with it.

Under the lid, it gives a setting for soybeans...I had thought about trying my hand in it, is there anything I would need to do other then set it for beans? Thanks again guys, I felt pretty good about it, but feel even better now!! It even has the IH cylinder with it!! One other thing, can you still get tires like that?

If it's anything like a #10 or some other drills I would assume that you need the feed cups or lips in the proper place. Usually depends on seed size but either bottom or middle setting. Lever may be opposite of lip.

Archived