Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rocko59

Some newer logging trucks

Here's a few more pics of some coastal trucks, the first one from Husby Forest Products is a Mack, maybe someone knows more about the model. The next one looks like it's probably a KW, don't know any more, looks like it might be headed to a highway though, smaller load, on second thought- maybe not? The last one is a double trailer setup, really not sure what it is, it could be a Hayes ?? Some outfits ran rigs like this with up to 4 loads behind, almost like a road train in OZ, I don't think I'd want to go down any main with one of them although a lot of those roads are better than a lot of our highways, good grades & curves, very well built & maintained. In the southern Interior here I've noticed that the US based mills build a LOT better roads than the BC outfits, they are very well looked after summer & winter. Weyerhauser in Okanogan Falls has several big sand/plow trucks & those roads are looked after much better than MOST of the main highways, the trucks don't even need chains in the winter 95% of the time. Pope & Talbot out of Midway is the same with their roads. Russ B)

post-363-1117264071.jpg

post-363-1117264086.jpg

post-363-1117264102.jpg

dont know about the mack ,but the kenworth might be a c-500? ,the last truck looks like an autocar. neat pictures.

Unreal Rocko59 sure are some assume pictures them logs are huge....thanks

Rick

DOT would love to see that yellow one come down the road lol

That yellow one looks like it would tip over on just about any bank!

At first glance one would say that the yellow Mack is a DM800 (could not be R series, they do not have offset cab, U series did, but they were primarily OTR tractors), but upon a closer look one sees that it has the M-series off-highway cab. So it is not a DM800. I believe it is one of the smaller M-series off-highway models (except it has tandem rear axle, which they did not have). Is probably a special-built rig

Not sure about the second one, but don't think it's a Kenworth . It appears to have several vertical rectangular louvers along the sides of the hood, which I don't recall ever having seen on a Kenworth.

The black and white photo I believe is a Western Star.

With the exception of the Mack, which I am an expert on, the other two are just guesses because the pictures are too small and lacking in detail to allow one to identify them with any certainty.

Wek

The truck is a Kenworth, Southwest Forest Ind

had a fleet of them. Besides the louvered hood

the top of the cab was 1/4 inch diamond plate

steel. By the way they replaced a fleet of macks.

The KW's were custom built per order.

Wek

The truck is a Kenworth, Southwest Forest Ind

had a fleet of them. Besides the louvered hood

the top of the cab was 1/4 inch diamond plate

steel. By the way they replaced a fleet of macks.

The KW's were custom built per order.

Thanks for info, Sawmill. I did see what looked like the K/W logo atop front of hood, but then I saw the louvers and that made me unsure. I learn something every day :)

The last one is too old to be a Western Steer with the flat fenders it looks like an awfulCar except the emblem in grill looks like something else

Captain Crunch

I aint afraid of nothing,but if you notice

I said guess. :D:D

Sawmill now the embarassing part I drove a 69or 70 mod Hayes logging truck a little. The thing I rember the most was if you set your lunch box on passenger seat you had to park and walk over and get it man that was a wide cab.

Captain Crunch

I never drove a Hayes,but seen a lot

of them on the road.

Drove a Marmon it was like a rolling

undertakers parlor.

Big ole box,tinted windows,purple tuck

and roll interior,even the sleeper.

Had a 5 and 4 with a 318 Detroit,300

inch wheelbase about half of that was

hood. A real nifty city hauler with a 45

foot trailer. <_<<_<