IH Excavator

DWF

There is a 640 IH excavator on EBAY. I don't know how to put the link, but this is the ebay # 260440608126.

DWF

Hi, Folks.

I can't help the feeling that somebody, maybe several somebodys, have already had the best out of that front-heavy old gal. It sure LOOKS like it has been in a scrapyard for a while. I'm curious to know what figure is on the reserve if $1,000 hasn't reached it.

The only 'Inter' excavator that I ever got to run was - I think - a 3980. It didn't leave me with an overabundance of fond memories. The beast was front-heavy and the controls were something less than 'intuitive', if you get my drift. On the plus side, it could dig fairly well if you didn't get to far away from yourself, it was reasonably quick and it could walk fairly well. I was working in what was basically dredged beach sand, although a little way from any beach, with some hills and hummocks and it travelled fairly well over that terrain. If my memory serves me right, the French outfit, Yumbo, had something to do with the 3980's. If you want to know how I know it could dig fairly well if I was workning in dredged beach sand, I had to dig out several old concrete structures that had been (slightly) softened by a wrecking drop-ball and they were in imported compacted fill.

You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

• 3 years later...

Archived