1066 PTO SHAFT SEAL

twp460

I HAVE A LEAKY SEAL ON THE 540 OUTPUT SHAFT OF THE PTO ON MY 1066. I WAS WONDERING IF IT CAN BE REPLACED WITHOUT TAKING THE WHOLE HOUSING OUT OF THE TRACTOR. IT LOOKS LIKE THE 1000 OUTPUT SHAFT COULD BE REPLACED FROM THE OUTSIDE, THE 540 SHAFT LOOKS ALITTLE DIFFERENT. I DIDN'T KNOW IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO ONLY PULL THE REAR HALF OF THE HOUSING OFF WHILE LEAVING THE REST IN THE TRACTOR TO GET TO THE SEAL...

APPRECIATE ANY HELP

That 540 seal has to come out from the inside... May as well rebuild the pto while it's out. I got to thinking and this came to mind... 1967806's pto, rebuild slideshow!!!

I looked back and found this old thread... Dan rebuilt his 540/1000 pto when he totally rebuilt one of his 1466's, pto is the same as your 1066... Here's step by step pictures of the surgery!!!

http://imageevent.com/danred806/1466ptorebuild

The associated thread... http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/ind...739&hl=1466

I HAVE A LEAKY SEAL ON THE 540 OUTPUT SHAFT OF THE PTO ON MY 1066. I WAS WONDERING IF IT CAN BE REPLACED WITHOUT TAKING THE WHOLE HOUSING OUT OF THE TRACTOR. IT LOOKS LIKE THE 1000 OUTPUT SHAFT COULD BE REPLACED FROM THE OUTSIDE, THE 540 SHAFT LOOKS ALITTLE DIFFERENT. I DIDN'T KNOW IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO ONLY PULL THE REAR HALF OF THE HOUSING OFF WHILE LEAVING THE REST IN THE TRACTOR TO GET TO THE SEAL...

APPRECIATE ANY HELP

get on ebay and go to red run rite store he has a seal that screws in to it from outside 43.00 did it to mine works good so far beats pulling all that out there if pto goes fix it rite then ive seen a lot fixed like this with out any trouble

APPRECIATE ANY HELP

get on ebay and go to red run rite store he has a seal that screws in to it from outside 43.00 did it to mine works good so far beats pulling all that out there if pto goes fix it rite then ive seen a lot fixed like this with out any trouble

I had wondered whether they worked well. I thought it looks like a great idea especially if the unit works fine otherwise. I would give it a shot if I was in your position.

Archived