You would have to get it to shift to the low side of the TA, and give it a load, if it stops moving, the low side is bad.  If it pulls a House off the foundation, don’t worry, you still have a useable tractor.  We had an 856 for years with a weak TA on the low side, I put a lot of hours on that tractor, and it left our place the same way we bought it.  Tractor never missed a beat, light pulling it would hold, pulling a plow it would not.  

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was my Grandfathers bought brand new in 1974. I have since inherited it and in the process of rebuilding and getting her painted.  New to the forum.  Tractor was originally bought in Columbus, In

This 1066 belongs to a farmer in Five Points, TN.  He has a number of IH tractors and I turned him on to the forum so he may post some of his others. Pictures not great, space was limited around the t

I have loved the 1066's, since I was a young boy, now I have 2 myself, and my dad has 2, so I was wondering if anyone has started a registry of this model? If not I am looking forward to starting this

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Jsmith8940 said:

I'm a new member here. I thought I would add my 1066. It is serial number 46803. I bought it around 8 years ago and is the first tractor I ever bought. It has a 2350 ih loader on it. It has 7300 hours on it. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking 1066 there. Like them steps there. I put a set on my 806 sure makes it alot nicer and easier to get on and off. Thanks for sharing pic.

On 8/29/2018 at 11:56 AM, Jsmith8940 said:

I'm a new member here. I thought I would add my 1066. It is serial number 46803. I bought it around 8 years ago and is the first tractor I ever bought. It has a 2350 ih loader on it. It has 7300 hours on it. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your serial number!! The nearest numbers I have to your tractor are, 46781, was located in Indiana, and 46855, located in California, and is the first tractor built starting the 1975 year.  

Thank you again, and could I get your name and location for the registry, you can personal message that information if you prefer! 

Here is another 1066 for you. It is my dads and cousins. It is pretty rough, but it runs and is mostly complete. It is a hi crop. It's serial number is 14774.  They bought it to restore it but has been on the back burner for a few years.

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

Thank you for the number and pictures!! Looks like that has potential!! Looks like good sheet metal on it, that right there is a good start!! I have a factory narrow front 1066 that needs all 6 hood panels, and I just located a set, that I hope is good out in Washington state, I’m in Minnesota.  Just can’t seem to find anything good here!!

You're welcome. I found it strange that it has 20.8- 38s on it with big 10 bolt hubs. I figured most high crops wanted narrow tires for going through tall crops or vegitables. But its hard telling what it was used for.  I've never been around a high crop being used, my dad just likes collecting them. 

On 9/5/2018 at 7:35 PM, Jsmith8940 said:

You're welcome. I found it strange that it has 20.8- 38s on it with big 10 bolt hubs. I figured most high crops wanted narrow tires for going through tall crops or vegitables. But its hard telling what it was used for.  I've never been around a high crop being used, my dad just likes collecting them. 

Thanks again for the high crop serial number! So far on the list, the nearest to this one are 14692, located in Illinois, and 14859 was for sale in Minnesota.  

I’m not sure why it has 20.8’s, might not have been in rows, maybe just needed to be up high?

23 hours ago, jasengl35 said:

Hi,

I am a new member but I have been researching items here for a while. I picked up this 1066 at a consignment sale in southern Iowa. Serial Number 23832, one owner tractor and even came with the manual. Hour meter shows 3834.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your serial number!! That is a very nice looking 1066!! Straight and clean the way it looks!! So far on the list, it falls in between 23827, salvaged in WI, and 23945, located in Pennsylvania.  Could I get your name and location for your entry, you can personal message that information if you want. Thanks again!! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 7:51 AM, Powderdreams said:

I picked up this tractor in Montgomery, AL and it is currently in the Northwest corner of Alabama.  It has been badly treated and I am slowly working on bring it back.  I believe it to be a Blackstripe, unless some of the sheet metal had been swapped.  S/N: 2610178 U058098

So far on the list your tractor falls in between serial number 58006, located in Wisconsin, and 58139 located in Ontario, Canada.  

Could you please give me your name, city, and state you reside in, and a description or pictures of the tractor? You can personal message me this information if you prefer.

Thank you again for your serial number!!

5 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

1066 serial# 44,916.  Factory open station, clutch booster, 8 bolt front wheels,  3 point,  dual PTO, recent injection pump work. Located in Colfax Iowa.

20181221_100246.jpg

20181221_100300.jpg

Is that one for sale or to be parted out?