Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FarmerFixEmUp

Excel (or IH Diamond) cabs for 66 series

post-328-1234151952_thumb.jpgThe 966 I'm currently working on!

I looked at a 1466 near here a few days ago. It's a '71 model with an Excel cab, has AC with the old cast iron Tecumseh compressor. It's a lot the same as the diamond cab on my 966 except the mounts are different, and the side windows open. I remember Excel made the diamond cabs for IH, but did they also market their own line? This one on the 1466 has an Excel emblem on the front above the air intake filter and also has 2 lights on the front at the top of the cab. The 966 has 2 lights at the sides of the clutch housing next to the battery trays.

Are there still parts available for these cabs? I don't imagine they are still in business. It's in decent enough shape to fix up, just not a lot of Eccel cabs that I know of around.

I'll try to get a picture of it in the next day or 2.

We had a 1066 and a 766 with an excel cab on them They were made right down the road from us in Hesston Ks I toured the plant when I was a kid The are still in Hesston as far as I know they build industrial lawn mowers and such Dont know if they would have ane parts around or not.

We had a 1066 and a 766 with an excel cab on them They were made right down the road from us in Hesston Ks I toured the plant when I was a kid The are still in Hesston as far as I know they build industrial lawn mowers and such Dont know if they would have ane parts around or not.

Did they market their own line of cabs as well as the ones they made for IH?

post-328-1234212818_thumb.jpg

The 1466 I was looking at, like the muffler? Must be off a 966 or so.

post-328-1234212848_thumb.jpg

The cab mounts are a lot different than the ones on the IH diamond cab on my 966.

post-328-1234213147_thumb.jpg

A left front picture of it. Sure would be nice if those hoses were run up through the cab corner! :rolleyes: Axles are pretty long, too. Could cause severe pain if you walked into it incorrectly! :lol::lol::unsure:

my 1456 has a hinson "royal guardian" cab on it. it looks similar to the diamond cabs.

post-72-1234231848_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple.

1971966HydroWhiteStripewithIHCustom.jpg

1971766GaswithCustomCab.jpg

Here's a couple.

1971966HydroWhiteStripewithIHCustom.jpg

1971766GaswithCustomCab.jpg

Nice looking Cab, great condition. Who was the manufacturer, Custom Cab? I recently bought one just like it. thx Paul

6949_1.jpg

58d2_1.jpg

4c9b_1.jpg

my 1456 has a hinson "royal guardian" cab on it. it looks similar to the diamond cabs.

Is that a gold air cleaner top on your 1456? Is it a demonstrater? :rolleyes:

Is that a gold air cleaner top on your 1456? Is it a demonstrater? :rolleyes:

paul, it does look like a gold cap in the picture, but it was just the way the light was hitting the cap. most of the cap is white (fiberglass?). there isn't any gold under the overlap on the hood panels or anywhere else. no sign of the demonstrator decals either. nothing like the gold i found hidden on my 826.