Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryedev

4X4 160 series

This truck was an old telephone rig. My grandfather put an old military dump box on it and we have used it for hauling firewood for the last 35 years. It needs the 4wd and the winch to go anywhere (open differentials)

TD24017.jpg

TD24018.jpg

Nice one. That is a unique S-160 having 4wd and winch. Mine has neither but does still have its nice shiny original adirondack green paint.

2201652310032927439S500x500Q85.jpg

Couple nice 160s you guys have B) . Ryedev, I can see where the winch would come in handy since those tires don't look too agressive.

Loadstar-

Thats the original paint?? It looks in really good shape still.... must be all the lead.... :lol: :lol:

Nice trucks guys, I'm jealous :D

The truck has'nt run for atleast 7 years and has'nt had breaks for as long as I remember (Never comes out of low range) The family has since replaced it with a new firewood truck, and this one will probably just rot into the ground where it is now. If any of you would like to come to California and shoot me an offer (not much) It would be cool to see it fixed up and alive again.

Ryan

This truck was an old telephone rig. My grandfather put an old military dump box on it and we have used it for hauling firewood for the last 35 years. It needs the 4wd and the winch to go anywhere (open differentials)

TD24017.jpg

TD24018.jpg

Do you have any idea what transfer case was used for it? I suppose they used a four speed. I liked the 3/4 ton 4x4 that my boss had. It was red.

Loadstar-

Thats the original paint?? It looks in really good shape still.... must be all the lead.... :lol: :lol:

Nice trucks guys, I'm jealous :D

To be quite honest I do see signs of overspray in places where it may have had some repainting done at some time before I got the truck in 89. It was dull and oxidized when I got the truck but its amazing what a bit of colour back and elbow grease will do. The day that picture was taken this summer I had recently washed and waxed the truck again. I'll try to post a pic of how it looked before clean up in 89.

The odometer only shows just over 18,000 miles. Assuming the cable was connected from day one, this is a low mileage truck.

2522656020032927439S500x500Q85.jpg

The truck has'nt run for atleast 7 years and has'nt had breaks for as long as I remember (Never comes out of low range) The family has since replaced it with a new firewood truck, and this one will probably just rot into the ground where it is now. If any of you would like to come to California and shoot me an offer (not much) It would be cool to see it fixed up and alive again.

Ryan

where's it at, and how much is 'cheap'???? i love buying cheap trucks from Cali............got this one for 100 bux :D

stuff013.jpg

Good-looking trucks!!!

Glenn, slightly of the topic, but that link to "International Truck & Engine History" on YOUTUBE you have attatched to your page is really cool.

I have put it into my "YoTube Favourites" file!

Regards from Michael Halsall

post-1253-1230012176_thumb.jpgHere is anouther S series 4x4 ,a S120

post-1253-1230012404_thumb.jpgWrong picture. maybe this one