Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emeryvillelover

Emeryville

hi, im new to this site but i figured i would give it a shot, i just bought my first emeryville, grew up in one and now had to have one, i bought a 64 aluminum cab, that is complete minus drivetrain, truck has sat since 1983 so its completly in tact aside from that any help would be appreciated im looking for any way of deciphering my vin code as well? HELPpost-15061-1202062010_thumb.jpg

go to the american truck historical society. they have a forum and there are a few nice guys with killer e'villes!!! im sure they could get you set up on parts. i think the website is either www.aths.org or www.aths.net :blush:

go to the american truck historical society. they have a forum and there are a few nice guys with killer e'villes!!! im sure they could get you set up on parts. i think the website is either www.aths.org or www.aths.net :blush:

thanks alot, i just actually signed up for wheels of time

another one to look at is www.oldihc.org they tend to have more of the lighter trucks, but have seen some e'villes on there before

You might also try www.binderbulletin.org. There are a lot of Scout and pickup people over there, but someone might be able to help out. :)

another one to look at is www.oldihc.org they tend to have more of the lighter trucks, but have seen some e'villes on there before

yea, im on there too, havent had muchluck, tons a people lookin at my truck, and my grandpas ole truck, but i guess i been waitin this long ill find what i need in time. thanks a ton!

shane

You might also try www.binderbulletin.org. There are a lot of Scout and pickup people over there, but someone might be able to help out. :)

that one is new to me thanks alot!

Since your truck has no power package currently, do you have any idea at this time as to what you are going to put in your truck?

A lot of those trucks had the Cummins 220/262 with 10-speed Road Rangers. Later, a lot of those trucks had the Cummins 335/350 with 10-speed Road Rangers.

I have seen a few with the Detroit 6-71 with 13- or 15-speed Road Rangers.

Some of the early ones had the IHC RD450/501.

Even if the RD was correct, if you ever plan to use your truck for anything other than a show piece, I would suggest the diesel power option is a better choice.

Just my two cents worth.

Mark O.

Castle Rock, WA

post a few more pictures so those that are not familiar can see more of these trucks how about some more of the one in your avatar

post a few more pictures so those that are not familiar can see more of these trucks how about some more of the one in your avatar

post-15061-1202168703_thumb.jpgpost-15061-1202168726_thumb.jpg im pretty sure the truck came with a 220 from 64, i passed on a 335 and 13 speed that would have come with, instead opted for a power steer axle unit from a transtar and other misc crap, but im unsure what i plan on, im so happy to have found such a good specimen, and im not planning on working it at this point and if i do it would local use to where i could be home daily, but who knows, thanks for the replys, i was wondering when id get more!

Since your truck has no power package currently, do you have any idea at this time as to what you are going to put in your truck?

A lot of those trucks had the Cummins 220/262 with 10-speed Road Rangers. Later, a lot of those trucks had the Cummins 335/350 with 10-speed Road Rangers.

I have seen a few with the Detroit 6-71 with 13- or 15-speed Road Rangers.

Some of the early ones had the IHC RD450/501.

Even if the RD was correct, if you ever plan to use your truck for anything other than a show piece, I would suggest the diesel power option is a better choice.

Just my two cents worth.

Mark O.

Castle Rock, WA

post-15061-1202169390_thumb.jpg this truck was my grandfathers until around 91, after crying for 2 weeks and 16 years later i worked diligently and found the truck, same guy and still in ohio, this is it now, some of you out there know the truck, i have more pics at oldihc in member gallery under the same user name, thanks for the interest!

post-15061-1202170136_thumb.jpg

post-15061-1202170136_thumb.jpg

post-15061-1202170321_thumb.jpg

If you have a choice of power packages I would lean towards not so correct and go with a big cam Cummins or a Detroit.

I say that only because finding someone who really knows small cam Cummins is getting to be just about as hard to find as finding someone who really knows 2-cycle DD's.

Mark O.

Castle Rock, WA

If you have a choice of power packages I would lean towards not so correct and go with a big cam Cummins or a Detroit.

I say that only because finding someone who really knows small cam Cummins is getting to be just about as hard to find as finding someone who really knows 2-cycle DD's.

Mark O.

Castle Rock, WA

your right about that, but unfortunately im a diesel mech by trade, so i dont mind getting my hands a little dirty, but i dont wanna do any major modifications to the truck to get it to fit, def dont wanna raise the cab, the white one pictured now has a big cam 400 and it fit with only minor changes, but i have so much to do to this thing im unsure, first i have to get it home, its still a state away

Regarding your request for help decoding the VIN, I can say that there is little to be determined from the VIN other than to use it to order a lineset ticket which would list the components your truck was built with. What is the VIN of your truck and was it built in Emeryville or Fort Wayne? I don't think any of the linesets of DCOs built at Emeryville were microfilmed, but the Fort Wayne ones were. Send me the VIN and I'll see what exists.

Regarding your request for help decoding the VIN, I can say that there is little to be determined from the VIN other than to use it to order a lineset ticket which would list the components your truck was built with. What is the VIN of your truck and was it built in Emeryville or Fort Wayne? I don't think any of the linesets of DCOs built at Emeryville were microfilmed, but the Fort Wayne ones were. Send me the VIN and I'll see what exists.

i think it would have been made in san leandro? no from what i have learned in 63 the emeryville facility was done? and im pretty sure cali was the only 2 plants to produce aluminum for 64 and 65 model 80 inch sleepers? i think the only 2 years a aluminum cab 80 incher was made , so im pretty confused to that, but i did read a black and whit article stating production moving to leandro in 63? THANKS ALOT FOR ALL THE REPLIES AND HELPFULL, AND INTERESTED PEOPLE!!!!

i think it would have been made in san leandro? no from what i have learned in 63 the emeryville facility was done? and im pretty sure cali was the only 2 plants to produce aluminum for 64 and 65 model 80 inch sleepers? i think the only 2 years a aluminum cab 80 incher was made vin code is dcofef29515h but im also assuming the ef in the vin means emeryville, so im pretty confused to that, but i did read a black and whit article stating production moving to leandro in 63? THANKS ALOT FOR ALL THE REPLIES AND HELPFULL, AND INTERESTED PEOPLE!!!!

ANY IDEA WHERE I CAN FIND A PLACE WITH THE MICRO FILM WITH PART NUMBERS, I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE TWO PLACES TEXAS AND CHICAGO WHERE SURPLUS, NOS PARTS WERE PUT, AND THAT THEY ARE STILL AVAILABLE IF YOU HAVE PART NUMBERS, ANY TRUTH TO THAT, I NEED A PASS DOOR HANDLE ETC....