crankcase breather

pinesman

I need some help. What is involved in cleaning the crankcase breather on a td-9? The machine is not at home for me to look at and I want to take whatever I need when I go back to it. I am building up a lot of crankcase pressure but the engine is running fine so i got to thinking when I got home and figured the breather might be stopped up. Thanks.

kb

I'm not even sure where it is at to clean.

I need some help. What is involved in cleaning the crankcase breather on a td-9? The machine is not at home for me to look at and I want to take whatever I need when I go back to it. I am building up a lot of crankcase pressure but the engine is running fine so i got to thinking when I got home and figured the breather might be stopped up. Thanks.

kb

On the gas side, with the carb and magneto. behind the carb are two tin plates rectangular. one of them will have a steel tube going down the side of the engine to just below the oilpan gasket line. That little tube is the crankcase breather. there is some steel mesh in the top part that needs to be cleaned and check the tube for mud wasp nests and other organic blockages. Jim.

Thanks a lot. That is what I needed.

kb

On the gas side, with the carb and magneto. behind the carb are two tin plates rectangular. one of them will have a steel tube going down the side of the engine to just below the oilpan gasket line. That little tube is the crankcase breather. there is some steel mesh in the top part that needs to be cleaned and check the tube for mud wasp nests and other organic blockages. Jim.

Archived