Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diesel Doctor

Would You Want This Job?

The bro-in-law sent me this and it is so amazing I had to share.

Look at all the photos.

Edgar (K.B.) Montrose and I would have taken this down, with the proper charge, in an hour.

post-1146-1180631940_thumb.jpg

post-1146-1180631965_thumb.jpg

post-1146-1180631986_thumb.jpg

WOW! :blink: I never seen anything like that being remove like that before. Usually they just drop it. I bet due to no clear drop path.

:wacko::wacko: YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT :lol::lol: I have a few operators with our company that would fight to set in the seat but I wouldn't be one of them. :D:D I wonder how they step down a level :blink:

Wow, some definite 'pucker factor' there! :blink::unsure:

I got to watch a much smaller stack being built at Legends shopping center while I was installing a couple of escaltors there. It is 140 feet high and it was amazing to watch those brick layers build that thing, they built maybe four to six feet a day and was amazed at how symetrical they could keep the shape.

There is NOT enough money............anywhere!! That smokestack would stand forever and a day if they were waitin on me to do that job!! :blink:

I would actually take that job way sooner than I'd take on some of the hillside work Mike Newman over on the construction page does. At least this machine has a crane holding him up as well as a silo to stabilize him. On those hills Mike goes on, there's nothing but air between you and the bottom of the ravine. That, and the occassional rock crushing the rops in on you.

Hoe opperator to crane opperator: Charlie,, Bring me down, I have to go to the out house....... Open the door and let it Fly?!?!?! :blink: ...... Charlie!! The safety dirrector for the company is in the parking lot with a camera right now, I'm Not going to open the door and " Let it fly"!!!........... I Don't care how much footage we have to get a day! I have to GO!!! BRING ME DOWN!!!!

:wacko::wacko: YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT :lol::lol: I have a few operators with our company that would fight to set in the seat but I wouldn't be one of them. :D:D I wonder how they step down a level :blink:

I would be right in the middle trying to get this seat

Refueling and greasing would be a bit tricky.

Does that qualify as "hazard" pay??

How much ya wanna bet?REMOTE CONTROL.

whoa! That's.... that's... wild!!! :blink::wacko:

Somebody ought to tell them about this invention called Dynomite. There doesn't look like anything in the way near the base of that stack that would prevent using explosives. That method there looks dumber than H_LL. If perchance that stack would decide to collapse while being chiseled on, it could take that crane out with it. Goodbye crane operator(s), and also the guy up on top.. I'd tell them to stick that idea up there a_s if I were to be one the intended crane operator(s).

Where was OSHA* on that one?

*OSHA= Our Savior Has Arrived

or: Oh Sh_t Here Again

Rick G.

:o:huh:

Nooooooooooo spank you!!!!!

For what the guys makin an hour, you better believe i'd do it. wouldnt even worry about overtime :lol:

I got to watch a much smaller stack being built at Legends shopping center while I was installing a couple of escaltors there. It is 140 feet high and it was amazing to watch those brick layers build that thing, they built maybe four to six feet a day and was amazed at how symetrical they could keep the shape.

It is amazing some of the thing you can see when you should be working

I'de be all over that action.Where do I sign up?I quit my job today so I'm available.We'll be back inIa. in a week and a 1/2.

Those escalators were installed using only 79 percent of the bid installatiion time, as most all of my jobs are.

As if I owe you any explanations or apolgogies. Don't recall your name being the one signed at the bottom of my paycheck.

Also gets back to safety. That stack was going up right beside my project, these escalators are outside units. One had damned well BETTER be aware of what is going on with the other trades in the REAL construction world or he may not get to go home that evening.

Not very often you see a Case product featured on an IH board. LOL

Guest WI PLOWBOY

I've seen something like this in chicago. the use a track hoe on top of a high rise that is being destroied

Those escalators were installed using only 79 percent of the bid installatiion time, as most all of my jobs are.

As if I owe you any explanations or apolgogies. Don't recall your name being the one signed at the bottom of my paycheck.

Also gets back to safety. That stack was going up right beside my project, these escalators are outside units. One had damned well BETTER be aware of what is going on with the other trades in the REAL construction world or he may not get to go home that evening.

I don't think you owe me any apologies or explanations either, but I knew you couln't resist...LMAO

I don't think you owe me any apologies or explanations either, but I knew you couln't resist...LMAO

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Right back at you.