tratment of our wounded

seabee

Please hold our congress to really fixing the medical mess of our wounded. As a vet it does not

surprise me as to the problems. It has many causes not just leadership. All tho the co incharge sets the

tone. To short change in any way care of one who has been wounded on the field of battle is

unspeakable

joe

A bum off the street, or an illegal, can sue if he receives sub-standard treatment, even though he has no means or intention of paying. If all of this is true, heads should roll. We all know how the media can throw things out of proportion, so I'm waiting for the final report. My oldest brother joined the military in 1982, retired in '03. My next older brother joined in '87 and is still in. My youngest brother joined in '01 and is still in. One thing they all agree on is the military healthcare is excellent. I'm just waiting.......

Please hold our congress to really fixing the medical mess of our wounded. As a vet it does not

surprise me as to the problems. It has many causes not just leadership. All tho the co incharge sets the

tone. To short change in any way care of one who has been wounded on the field of battle is

unspeakable

joe

Yeah, Amen to that my friend. When you consider that all over our vast country beautiful new golf courses, pleasure palaces, and other monuments of excessive wealth abound, but our most famous military hospital has been neglected and our returning injured military personnel may not be getting the best of care in what appear to be decadent facilities, you have to wonder what is really considered important in our country these days. If it's in our destiny to save our nation from the perils of terrorism and preserve our version of democracy for our own, and the rest of the world's benefit, we may have to review where our wealth really is and where it is being spent and why some of our most essential needs are not being given higher priority. In short, if we don't want to pay the price of war and fully support those we send to fight it, we hadn't oughta try to wage it......

I retired almost 4 years ago. Military healthcare has always been the best. BUT, it can get overloaded quick. a rapid influx of casualties and no ramp up of staff and facilities can overwhelm even the best operations. Part of the problem may also be trying to keep everything "in house" instead of moving some cases out to civilian hospitals and care facilities.

I've kinda wondered why the Army and Navy didn't combine their Medical Corps.......they both do the same thing.

It looks like WR was privatized over the last 6 or so years <_< They lost a huge number of the skilled in that time period. OHH one thing better it was a subsidiary of Halliberton :(:(:(

Archived