Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merton

CXT Truck

Posting a picture of a CXT truck sold here in North Carolina. This one has a 310 hp engine- Air Ride susp.-445R22.5 tires-DVD Player-Rear seat that converts to a bed.

post-5689-1169064163_thumb.jpg

Hey merton "jiggle the handle ",i think it's stuck :lol::lol::wacko::wacko::lol:

Sorry guys but it's worth waiting for

post-5689-1169064163_thumb.jpg

Hey merton "jiggle the handle ",i think it's stuck :lol::lol::wacko::wacko::lol:

Sorry guys but it's worth waiting for

Yep,you're right that thing is badA$$$ :DB) .

Chevy & Ford are copying it and selling there own version.

What the **** would you actually be able to do with something like that?! I guess make BIG payments. :D:unsure:

What the **** would you actually be able to do with something like that?! I guess make BIG payments. :D:unsure:

This time I'm agreeing w/ you, Phil old chap. To me this truck would be good only for some hot rodder or some kid driving up and down the streets of some little hick town in rural America, shouting out to all "Hey, lookit! My PU's bigger than urine!!"

Serves no utilitarian purpose whatsoever and whoever dreamed it up should be taken out and shot IMNHO.

International couldn't buy the publicity the CXT has gotten them for $5,000,000.

And I know a dealer that says driving up to a potential customer in one of them has opened doors he couldn't get into before.

These trucks really aren't any worse than taking a regular pick-up and lifting it 6-12 inches and putting big tires on it. IMO it turns it into a big pile of crap that can't be used even to pull a trailer. At least you could hook a pintle hook trailer to a CXT and haul your dozer or whatever.

My 2 cents.

Glenn

Local IH truck dealer lent me one of these CXTs for a week, cool ride for sure, dropped off my boy at high school and had all the female teachers wanting to check it out! As noted earlier its all about advertizing and it worked for Navastar, brings buyers into the dealership and lets salesman in the front door. My preference would be the F650 with a 350 CAT, has the pickup truck look much better then the CXT.

After a week of driving it really found no practical use for me, not looking to hang out Hollywood.

Bill

The story I got on the "development" of the CXT was that it started as a one-off show truck to attract attention, but people with too much money kept demanding that it be sold to them so the company finally put it into production. I also heard that after it was announced as an RPO model for 2006 with expected orders in the 250 range, they actually got orders for more than 700 of them.

On a more practical level, there is also an RXT model, based on a 2WD 4300 model that could probably be used for some real work. Production of the RXT began in March, 2006.

post-425-1169520264_thumb.jpg

And there is a special bed designed for towing fifth wheel trailers offered

post-425-1169520359_thumb.jpg

Howard you should show some pictures of the MXT that was at the Scout nats last year. Eason

Ok, here is the lightest model in the XT series, the MXT. It's payload is only 4,000# vs 15,000# for the RXT and 11,000# for the CXT. Base price on the RXT is $80,000. I don't know about the MXT, but it's probably $50-70,000.

Go to www.internationaldelivers.com and click on Trucks twice to get to the complete International lineup and you can see more details on the XT models or others if you want.

post-425-1169949591_thumb.jpg post-425-1169949654_thumb.jpg

as far as chevy and ford copying, the first trucks that i coudld find were the F650, converted by a company that put F350 boxes on them........this was LONG before the CXT, and the kodiac has had this mod for many years aswell. i believe international was the first to go "from the factory" but it wasnt there idea, seen a freightliner with a dodge box on ebay, and i seen a 93 international, not sure model, with a older ford box on the back around here, but that was just somebody fooling around with an ex firetruck :lol: . personally i liek the CXT the best for looks, but the Kodiac has the most practical use in my mind, as its a much lighter truck.

just my info, might not be 100% so believe what you want, just puttin it out there

P.S. if you could afford one......wouldent you want it?

lol

thanks

Stefan

If i could get the MXT with inline instead of v8 i would have 1 seen a RXT with a big 5th wheel Camper on it that looks like the best way to go for a big towing truck

as far as chevy and ford copying, the first trucks that i coudld find were the F650, converted by a company that put F350 boxes on them........this was LONG before the CXT, and the kodiac has had this mod for many years aswell. i believe international was the first to go "from the factory" but it wasnt there idea, seen a freightliner with a dodge box on ebay, and i seen a 93 international, not sure model, with a older ford box on the back around here, but that was just somebody fooling around with an ex firetruck :lol: . personally i liek the CXT the best for looks, but the Kodiac has the most practical use in my mind, as its a much lighter truck.

just my info, might not be 100% so believe what you want, just puttin it out there

P.S. if you could afford one......wouldent you want it?

lol

thanks

Stefan

td14 I am unsure, but I have to believe someone else knows this besides myself. But IH builds the chassis for Ford on the 450 on up at there Mexico factory. Maybe it is the 550 on up now, but last I read and heard was the 450. So if you buy a ford, you are still partially buying IH. Why wouldn't you want the 466 or DT570 anyway? If I had the money, I would sure get myself the MXT and a RXT with the tow package. When I was at the Chicago auto show last year, I looked at the MXT up and down, and that thing is built rugged and tough. It sure wouldn't fit in my garage along side my car.

I spent February 12th in Chicago at the Chicago Auto show at "McCormick Place".

There were 3 MXTs there. 1 was on display, not to be touched. It was very nice. Another was all decked out with Chicago Bears logos. It was orange and radical. It was fenced off as well, but you could get your picture taken with it.

100_0106.jpg

They also had a blue one there that was totally accessible. It was a very popular exhibit, with people crawling in and out of the cab constantly.

100_0097.jpg

There was also an RXT there, red and set up with the low 5th wheel bed.

There was also a CXT which belonged to Carroll Shelby. It was complete with the typical Shelby stripes.

100_0101.jpg

The Army had an exhibit nearby, with an MXT hardened and armored and ready for the desert sand. It was very intimidating, but was still only a developmental vehicle, and was not yet ready for military use.

(Sorry, I didn't get any pictures...)

There are some pictures of International's stuff here:

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/dieselscout/

Enjoy!

Mike

DANG IT! The MXT is 7 ft 7 inches tall and My shop door is only seven feet SIX inches! :o Oh Well....I don't want to get to know My IH truck dealer THAT well.....and The Wife probably wouldn't care to drive it!

DANG IT! The MXT is 7 ft 7 inches tall and My shop door is only seven feet SIX inches! :o Oh Well....I don't want to get to know My IH truck dealer THAT well.....and The Wife probably wouldn't care to drive it!

Denny I was eyeballing that MXT as a replacement for the F250 but I would sure want four wheel drive. And, like you, it would not fit in my garage. :( The F250 just BARELY does. Like shoehorning an elephant into a dog house. :( Fold the mirrors in, make sure you are one inch away from the shelves at the front of the bay with the nose of the truck and make sure the tires are not over inflated. :lol::lol:

JD - My truck's not that tight in the Shop but the time or two I put in the Wife's garage it's a 2-man job....Me driving....Son telling me when I'm up against the back wall....and I still have to take the drawbar out of the receiver hitch! to close the door.

Funny story.... Last summer I get home just before a thunderstorm hit Our neighborhood.... I see Son running around with an arm-load of sheets & blankets. He's trying to cover His truck from hail. We start trying to fit BOTH trucks into the 36 ft long shop. Takes five attempts..... My truck's frt bumper has to be TOUCHING the back wall of the shop.... Son backs His truck's rear bumper UNDER My truck's bumper with the drawbar again removed.....and the door misses His front bumper by about THREE inches.... After We get the door closed We walk across the road to get the mail.....walk back down the driveway and the wind whips Us around and the storm hit just that fast. No hail though.

Denny I have only one inch of overhead clearance coming in the garage. I have to make sure there is no snow buildup in front of the garage bay I use or I will bump the clearance lights on the door header. :( I bought a short bed because I knew a long bed extended cab would never fit. I have maybe three inches of clearance on the back end of the truck when the door closes and I cannot have a reciever hitch drawbar in place and get the door shut, too. I also have about three inches of clearance in front of the truck. I have a block of wood anchored down that I can feel the front tires touch and that way I know when it is time to stop going forward.

First few times I put it inside, I did have to have Karen guide the truck in but with a little practice got on to doing it myself. The truck sits inside all week, is only out some on the weekends but is put back inside each evening.