Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King of Obsolete

IH MONSTER TRUCK GOES TO WORK

well we got a call to haul fuel on reindeer lake since the planes can't get the fuel in. the lake is 240 miles long and has a metorite cratetor at the south end which is only a 1000 feet deep. wow is all i have to say, LOL

but we have 80 miles to haul fuel up the froozen lake and we will use MONSTER TRUCK. so he got dragged out of the snow bank and shoved in the shop fro a quick thaw, LOL

http://kingofobsolete.ca/4x4_monster_truck_WEBPAGE.htm

thansk

post-25-1166408433_thumb.jpg

Why the truck rather than the trains? I would have thought that you could move more at once with the trains.

Very cool truck KoO! Very cool! Looks like very little gets in its way!

this is the plan, the ice is thin with no snow so if we use monster truck we will be able to go fast of the ice. if the truck sinks it could be in 120 feet of water to 1000 feet of water. we will see what will happen, LOL

thansk

we got MONSTER TRUCK out of the shop and did some 2 wheel drive fun driving. then we loaded him up with 8 barrels of gas for the haul across the frozen lake. the big wheels will replace the small once we are at the lake. the stupid camera doesn't show the fun we had today. the joys of having the rearend welded solid for traction.

thansk

here he is loaded up anbd ready to go.

thansk

post-25-1166998631_thumb.jpg

post-25-1166998669_thumb.jpg

post-25-1166998737_thumb.jpg

post-25-1166998765_thumb.jpg

post-25-1166998922_thumb.jpg

Interesting.. I'd like to know a llittle more about this truck. Is that a KB cab? What kind of power plant under the hood? You wouldn't catch me out on the ice over water that deep at any time :unsure:

I guess if it's 20' or 1000 it doesn't really matter :unsure: that must be a handful to drive with the rear welded up, old cheap drag racers trick, works great so long as you don't have to turn. Be safe, might want a quick exit strategy. Looks like fun out in the snow.

I allways hear it called a "lincoln locker". Seems most of the old guys that did the welding on the spiders used an old lincoln welder. :P

Looks good King. Have'nt seen or heard anything of the monster truck for seems like 2 years or better. Did'nt know it was still around.

I still think you need to trade me something for my tracked undercarriage and sub frame. :D The monster truck would probably fit right into the axle cradles.

KoO

You need to find these new boots for the MT. Prevents sinking and you could always go water skiing in the brief summer month. :huh::D:D

mike

post-12-1167022730_thumb.jpg

THIS MAY BE A LITTLE LATE,BUT WISHING YOU LOTSA LUCK ON THE ICE!

TAKE CARE AND STAY ON TOP OF THE ICE!

WISHING THE KINGDOM A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A COLD NEW YEAR!UNTIL SUMMER AND AFTER SUMMER!

TAKE CARE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE!

PAUL

Interesting.. I'd like to know a llittle more about this truck. Is that a KB cab? What kind of power plant under the hood? You wouldn't catch me out on the ice over water that deep at any time :unsure:

Yeah I'd like to know more about it too.

Love those "Ugly Trucks" ........ Awesome

the boys on my tractor forum saved the link to machine builders network. click on and enjoy the details.

http://www.machinebuilders.net/forum/forum...W=monster+truck

thansk

KoO,

I see from your signature you're still possibly allowing regular people to ride along on a cat train?. That would certainly be an adventure.