IH Tractors on Montana Farm

Old Binder Guy

I just returned from a CT scan with the die, so I sure don't know anything. But I ran into these two photos which are likely encore photos, but I just like them. Mike and I had the binder all ready to try out. I have video too, but am not going to post that. It was a good feeling knowing we had a working binder, ready to cut a (very poor) grain crop, so we could thresh.

post-5643-0-54188300-1451493274_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-50675100-1451493300_thumb.jp

Notice the binder is hitched to an IH Tractor on a Montana Farm...

So, why not throw in a picture of the threshing, since it's +8 and winter. This should warm me up? Gary ;)

post-5643-0-21662300-1451493798_thumb.jp

Happy New Year to the followers of this menagerie (monster?) I've created! Gary ;) aka: OBG :ph34r:

Happy and healthy New Year to you too Gary. And to all the other followers of this great thread. Looking forward to the next chapter. Here is a post card photo of Grand Avenue ,Indian Head, Sask. My grandfather worked on a farm near here when he first came to Canada in 1905 so he likely knew this street well.

post-90-0-21709300-1451586150_thumb.jpg

Everything ok over there? Kida quiet for few days and after posting about CT scans.....make me a tick nervous.

I'm kind of awaiting a call from a Dr. on Monday, but the preliminary report from the nurse practitioner sound pretty encouraging, although she doesn't have the final call. There are two spots they're keeping an eye on, and may go for a biopsy? I'm feeling pretty good. I serve a Big God too, TroyDairy! Thanks for asking.

Here are some Fordson items I gleaned off of Facebook. I love this first one with a Model TT chassis, hauling a Fordson.

post-5643-0-42345800-1451795097_thumb.jp

A Fordson Tractor with tracks, different than any I had in my files. And the girls act like they're going to a beach party.

post-5643-0-14485600-1451795127_thumb.jp

Here's a Model T and a Fordson Trackson at a Ford Dealership.

post-5643-0-98885900-1451795146_thumb.jp

And last but not least are these Fordson's at a Michigan State Fair.

post-5643-0-00251200-1451795109_thumb.jp

This is a McCormick O-4 or O-6. I'm thinking O-6, but I'm not able to tell. Ill let you guys decide. It's an IH Tractor, but not on a Montana Farm. I'll let Roger decide what color it should be sanded, primed and repainted to. ;);) Gary ;)

post-5643-0-53433900-1451795384_thumb.jp

i'm going to vote 0-4. and the beach party fordson looks UK . Fred

FSB,

I agree about the O-4. This is friend Dan Tombrink's O-4 to compare to.

post-5643-0-57295100-1451832386_thumb.jp

And as long as I'm posting it, I may as well post the operator's cockpit too. Did anyone besides me think this might be an IH Tractor on a Montana Farm?

post-5643-0-86831900-1451832415_thumb.jp

And FSB, I agree about the "across the pond" beach party Fordson. The "license plate" gives it away. Gary ;)

Fred,

I'd not question that one bit, "roadless."

I just bumped into this video and photo of a 1927 (Triple diamond) Model 54 IHC truck on my friend Wendell Kelch's Facebook site. I'm surprised by the hard rubber tires, but they were an option. Pneumatic tires would have been as well. This is a picture Wendell Kelch took of this truck he restored and reassembled for someone who had the parts. It has a McCormick-Deering 10-20 tractor engine, from the factory. This has to be one RARE truck! Gary ;)

post-5643-0-11120000-1451873857_thumb.jp

I found this on Facebook. About 15 minutes of agricultural video in England during WWII. 1943, to be exact. There's Massey-Harris self propelled combines, Ferguson tractors, Caterpillars and other crawler dozer tractors, and a steam engine with a cable winch pulling over a tree and skidding it in. Gary ;)

Some more IHC stuff on Facebook, I hope you guys appreciate this stuff? It always fascinates this Old Binder Guy. I don't know if I'd already posted this picture of an old F-20 Farmall with a cotton picker for Anson. I hope he's up to enjoying it.

post-5643-0-37020700-1451878152_thumb.jp

An 8-16 tractor pulling a hay loader. I don't know what brand of automobile it is, but Roger will likely know. Note the farmer's wife is driving the tractor.

post-5643-0-17057000-1451878100_thumb.jp

A 1935 IHC C-Model school bus restored. That's nice!

post-5643-0-74460600-1451878062_thumb.jp

And last but not least is this photo of D-Model IH trucks, circa 1936, hauling huge fir tree logs in a Washington town. Gary ;)

post-5643-0-70063100-1451878077_thumb.jp

Since IHC auto steer trucks are all the rage... they also had a tractor version!

That vid led to this and I just had to pass it on.

That 30-60 is one big mama-jama.

M Diesel,

Thanks for posting those two videos of Wendell Kelch's superb IHC tractors. He is marvelous in his tractor purchases and restorations. I know he restores for others as well.

I don't know much today, but thought Roger might lust over this Ford logging truck. I know he wants one. Maybe not to go logging with, though? Gary ;)

post-5643-0-97866100-1451943704_thumb.jp

Just checking back into the classroom here-------------first day back on the computer in near a month. Been monitoring the classwork from my cell phone ocassionally after taking some time off to get some re-plumbing done on my heart.

The good news was that they found out that the old codger did actually have a heart. Been living with a bad situation for past 5-6 years knowing that I had 80% blockage but no place to splice the by-passes into. Early December inspection showed one artery completely blocked and others at 95% blockage-------------figured I wasn't leaving much change on the table so rolled the dice. Luckily--------apparently with some new technoligy and knowledge picked up in the past few years the doctor says my new plumbing should carry me aways on down the road now. I told him that I was gonna call it a "lifetime guarantee"----------'cause I wasn't coming back. Gonna be a long slow recovery process----------and I am still dragging other health problems along also; but sure beats the alternative. :blink::huh::rolleyes:

Lots of interesting pictures posted along the way-----------keep up the good work troops. (seems like it doesn't take but a little on the compluter to fill my quota----------may not be here that often for awhile)

I see a number of other health issue threads on-going on the forum. Best of luck to all involved----------especially to the younger generation; us older folks have lived our lives and have no reason to complain no matter what the outcome for us----------but the future rests with the younger generation (especially the young children). Best of luck to all-------------remember we are all living on borrowed time; ------------been living on borrowed time ever since we were born. Make the most of your time----------good luck.

A belated Happy New Year to everyone. B)

Delta Dirt

Avon Ms 38723

Just checking back into the classroom here-------------first day back on the computer in near a month. Been monitoring the classwork from my cell phone ocassionally after taking some time off to get some re-plumbing done on my heart.

The good news was that they found out that the old codger did actually have a heart. Been living with a bad situation for past 5-6 years knowing that I had 80% blockage but no place to splice the by-passes into. Early December inspection showed one artery completely blocked and others at 95% blockage-------------figured I wasn't leaving much change on the table so rolled the dice. Luckily--------apparently with some new technoligy and knowledge picked up in the past few years the doctor says my new plumbing should carry me aways on down the road now. I told him that I was gonna call it a "lifetime guarantee"----------'cause I wasn't coming back. Gonna be a long slow recovery process----------and I am still dragging other health problems along also; but sure beats the alternative. :blink::huh::rolleyes:

Lots of interesting pictures posted along the way-----------keep up the good work troops. (seems like it doesn't take but a little on the compluter to fill my quota----------may not be here that often for awhile)

I see a number of other health issue threads on-going on the forum. Best of luck to all involved----------especially to the younger generation; us older folks have lived our lives and have no reason to complain no matter what the outcome for us----------but the future rests with the younger generation (especially the young children). Best of luck to all-------------remember we are all living on borrowed time; ------------been living on borrowed time ever since we were born. Make the most of your time----------good luck.

Delta Dirt

Avon Ms 38723

Prayer for you.

Delta Dirt

Avon Ms 38723

Anson,

I'd been told you were in tough shape by our mutual friend Roger. I tried not to "pester" you and kept you in my prayers, for a speedy recovery. Us old guys don't recover as fast anymore. I'm in great shape, but have been hanging around the phone for days, to finally get a message from the medical community here at Helena as well. But I'm too ornery to skip out on all of this fun here. But I sure missed you and your contributions, Anson. I'll keep you in my prayers, friend! God bless you, Gary ;)

Along the line of "making the most of our time here", two of the grandsons and I made the most of Sunday afternoon, by getting "up close and personal" with a bunch of snow flakes.

One in the cab watching what was going on, (and warming up), and one on the rope gettin the ride--------yeee-haaa!

Then switch---

post-5016-0-49726700-1451965342_thumb.jp

The observant will notice the IH tractor in a snowy field, too! ;)

That afternoon was waaay too short!!!

Mike

Hi Gary,

This is off topic and is personal but I am putting it here in case your email is compromised. I just received a strange email from you wishing me a nice vacation and requesting an urgent favor. This is so wacky but I think your email may have been hacked. You might want to check it out right away. Good luck on that.

Charlie

I apologize for any consternation over my email this morning. Those scammers made up a new email address. I am YAHOO.com and that one from the scammers was hotmail.com and is illigit. OBG and Gary ;)

SO SORRY

I got one of those this morning too Gary but I did not get around to replying. Probably just as well if it was scam/spam.

Anson, good to hear you had some repair work done and are on the mend. Hope it goes well.

Guess I might throw in a facebook photo as well. This Co-op/Cockshutt combine photo turned up there and caught my eye. I haven't researched it too close yet but guessing it either a 132 or 137 model from the 1950s. The scrap collectors haven't got them all yet.

post-90-0-87191600-1452022586_thumb.jpg

No need to apologize. These things happen. I did notice the Hotmail thing later when I checked it on my computer instead of my phone. I have another friend who was hacked while he was on vacation using webmail. It took him a few days to get that mess straightened out. Sorry about posting this here but I did not want to feed back to the scammers.

Charlie

No need to apologize. These things happen. I did notice the Hotmail thing later when I checked it on my computer instead of my phone. I have another friend who was hacked while he was on vacation using webmail. It took him a few days to get that mess straightened out. Sorry about posting this here but I did not want to feed back to the scammers.

Charlie

I appreciate you being on your toes, Charlie! Thank you very much!! Gary ;)

I am still putting out spot fires today, but thought I might post something anyway. This first picture is of an old Chevy sedan colliding with a Model T Touring Car.

post-5643-0-81580500-1452107634_thumb.jp

This from a Facebook IH page; a white replica of a "1929 State Fair Regular." Sadly it isn't on a Montana Farm. Gary ;)

post-5643-0-19167000-1452107959_thumb.jp

A Caterpillar Thirty disking in the woods. Note the bears befriending the vulnerable operator. I remember when black bears used to eat out of our fingers in Yellowstone Park when I was a kid. The bears would stand up like the mother here, against the car.

post-5643-0-36307200-1452225542_thumb.jp

This 1907 Daimler (German) car has four wheel drive and four wheel steer! Gary ;)

post-5643-0-32902100-1452225558_thumb.jp