Implement dealer

I am looking at a few items at Mayer Farm Implement in southern Iowa. Has anyone ever done business with him? He has a tractor, corn head and planter that I am interested in. He says he does over half of his business over the phone, and seems to be offering a fair amount for the trades I have. Any input would be appreciated, thanks, Rob

Is he near Des Moines, if so I had a fair deal worked out on a 335 head for my Gleaner, decided against it though. He was willing to haul it halfway to me as he had stuff to go to his brothers place in Ohio. I thought he seemed pretty straight and willing to deal. I kept his site on my favorites and check it alot.

Yup that's the guy. I think I have a pretty good deal worked out on a 1086, 863 corn head, and a 7000 planter. He's about 7 hrs away and have been just dealing on phone and internet. Seems like a decent guy, but I was just wondering if anyone else had done business with him. Thanks, Rob

I've bought some planter parts off of him. Not too much, some fertilizer unit and clutch parts. The stuff was what he said it was and got here when he said it would. That's the only dealings I've had with him. Seems like a good enough guy, and , like you said, likes to deal.

Chads

I am lmao. He is 4.5 miles down the road from me. Small world. He has always been pretty good with trade value, and pretty good with price. I think he is honest, and knows the value of things. Looked at a 3688 he had, it came out of Ohio, but he offered me the number of the previous owner etc. If he gets a planter he can't sell, he strips it and probably makes more out of the units anyway. Mostly planters and combine heads. He is right off I-35 if you ever want to take a look.

• 9 years later...

His brothers dealer ship is in my town (jeffersonville ), if I think of it today I will call and ask details.

Talked with the family , Bill Mayer no longer in Iowa, now in Africa .

Archived