Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ih560

IH dealer/shop trucks

I need some help, :P

I'm going to paint a stripe down the side of my IH pickup, the stripe I'm talking about was the one that started out as a tractor shape and turned into a red and white stripe.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? :wacko::wacko: I need a picture to go by so I can duplicate it. Just about every dealer truck in the 60's 70's had this stripe, you would'nt think it would be that hard to find a picture, but I've had no luck.

One other thing I thought of was the same design is on the signs in front of the dealerships. It's a silhouette of a tractor in red.

You mean like this th.152943b9f0.jpg and th.e4ad298631.gif this?? Just click the images to see them full sized.

You mean like this th.152943b9f0.jpg and th.e4ad298631.gif this?? Just click the images to see them full sized.

That's the one! thanks!

You're welcome! :)

Cool pics! What's with the IH dealer semi being a Freightliner and the Kubota on the one ton ? :D:D:D

Cool pics!  What's with the IH dealer semi being a Freightliner and the Kubota on the one ton ? :D  :D  :D

Not to mention the pickups being Chevies & not IHs?

Mark

Cool pics!  What's with the IH dealer semi being a Freightliner and the Kubota on the one ton ? :D  :D  :D

Not to mention the pickups being Chevies & not IHs?

Mark

I have no idea, these are from way before my time!! (I scanned them from my mom's HS yearbook :P )

Very unusual to see an old IH dealership with nothing but IH trucks!! :blink::blink:

As long as IHC made both small trucks and big trucks, our old dealership only used IHC trucks, no exceptions. After IHC quit making light trucks they used Chev or GMC pickups and IHC big trucks. The Case/IH dealership still uses only IHC for their big (delivery) trucks.

Harold H

The pic of the dealership trucks is from 1978. When Dad comes home, I'll see if he knows when exactly this dealership sold.

I see you're from Hicksville, OH. I've been there. I stopped there for a break on my way to the IH Truck Nationals a couple of years ago. I was driving my 54 IH R132 with a Farmall 100 in the back. The trip was 250 miles one way and the truck tops out at about 45 mph. It took me 9 hours so the average speed was pretty low, about 28 mph. Hicksville was a neat little town. Definitely the epitomy of rural smalltown USA. Driving that slow old truck on all those backroads kind of takes you back to a slower, simpler time. :rolleyes:post-1715-1149475671_thumb.jpg

I see you're from Hicksville, OH. I've been there. I stopped there for a break on my way to the IH Truck Nationals a couple of years ago. I was driving my 54 IH R132 with a Farmall 100 in the back. The trip was 250 miles one way and the truck tops out at about 45 mph. It took me 9 hours so the average speed was pretty low, about 28 mph. Hicksville was a neat little town. Definitely the epitomy of rural smalltown USA. Driving that slow old truck on all those backroads kind of takes you back to a slower, simpler time. :rolleyes:post-1715-1149475671_thumb.jpg

I met you when you brought that tractor! I recognize it. If I remember right, you never did unload it, did you?

Mark, who goes to the Truck Nationals every year

Mark

Hey Mark. You're right, I never unloaded it because I couldn't find a loading dock. That was a great trip, I guess it was actually 2002. I went to the Nats again in '03, but haven't been able to get back since. Maybe this year. Loved Hicksville, reminded me of a town in Oklahoma where my Grandma lived. It looked like a good place to stop and take a break.

Cool, glad you enjoyed your stay. We get teased a lot by people who aren't from the area about the name. :lol: