Seat Cushion

The black armrest at the top of the photo is the one off my 826.

The one on the bottom is one that came in a set that was supposed replace it. Obviously it is not the right size. 

I would have thought that all the Farmall seats of that era would be the same size but apparently not.

What tractor model would use an armrest cushion this wide?

Or I suppose what they put  in the box is from some other brand.IMG_0530.jpeg.1a2d6eab2cd240cad9c1aea961795461.jpeg

Do not buy those cheap farm store 3 piece sets. The vinyl is garbage. I had always used K & M. Got a 3 piece set from my kids for fathers day a few years back. The bottom cushion was hard as a rock and 2-3" shorter than the one it replaced. Felt like you were falling off it. In the garbage it went and a K & M set went on it. Never told the kids.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Ummm -  the black one above does not look like a typical IH seat..... possible you have an aftermarket seat on there now??

Yes, the black one was a replacement of the original one. It was paired with a black seat cushion which was in poor condition.

The black set seems to be a common replacement and is probably what I should have purchased. Pretty sure it has lasted from the early eighties until now.I didn’t want to spend $6-700 on a “renovation quality” pleated set.

Looking at the K&M offerings, I’m beginning to think this larger armrest I have is for the 806.

Idk but looks about like my 826 seat cushion, your larger replacement one on the bottom. I agree the top one looks like a farm store replacement seat perhaps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Idk but looks about like my 826 seat cushion, your larger replacement one on the bottom. I agree the top one looks like a farm store replacement seat perhaps.

What is the outside width of the armrest on your 826 measured from the bolt holes?

The seat back is matched to the base, so if you bought a set, just put it together and put it on the tractor. The white is "correct." 

Unfortunately if you want a decent seat you're going to have to pay the long buck for a K&M. The cheap seats are just that, cheap, and the "mid-priced" ones are just the cheap seats for twice the price.

On the cheap seats, not only is the vinyl low quality, the brackets are made of butter. Don't lean back to look at the drawbar while you're backing up to something. You'll bend the brackets.