Vacation

Lazy WP

This is the first time I’ve ever taken a real vacation. Always before it’s been squeezed a day or two out while looking at cattle or something work related. This time we actually booked a cabin large enough for us and both of my daughters and their families. Sadly the oldest couldn’t get away. 
We are close to Branson Missouri. Actually had to go back through Branson to go Jeeping. Spent a couple hours playing with the Jeeps, came back to the cabin and spent some time just relaxing and enjoying the grandkids. We then went to a mountain roller coaster!! What an absolute HOOT!! I was the caboose and caught Lisa about half way down. The extra 75 pounds added a little extra speed. 
Tomorrow we are off to a cavern tour, then the girls are going zip lining from the top of an observation tower, on top of a danged mountain! The son in law and I are watching!!

This has been an amazing time!!

IMG_1041.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

IMG_1056.jpeg

IMG_2600.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

IMG_1058.jpeg

IMG_2599.jpeg

• Like 5

watch out for sasquatch hes out in them there hills...........might run into a hillbilly first tho

be sure to get some custard at ANDYs while you are there 

tool town is a good stop for the guys

enjoy the time/memories/jeepin'

• Like 1

Nice pics. Glad to hear and see that you took some time. You and Lisa deserve it. Enjoy yourselves and take care.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

going zip lining from the top of an observation tower, on top of a danged mountain! The son in law and I are watching!!

Off the tower at Shepard of the hills? Talk the son in law into going. I was addimitt I was not doing that until my then 15 ish yo daughter got mad and said she was even if no one else would. Well we all 4 did it. It was awesome. Scary but awesome. 

Well, I got talked into the Vigilante Zipline. I was extremely nervous, but I enjoyed it immensely! Lisa, my daughter, oldest grandson and myself went. 

IMG_1076.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

• Like 6

That setup looks way more heavy duty than what they used in the Dominican, had a blast ziplining, glad you changed your mind and went

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hardtail said:

That setup looks way more heavy duty than what they used in the Dominican, had a blast ziplining, glad you changed your mind and went

I felt extremely secure in it. Nothing dropped or swayed. Kayla said that this was the most secure one she has been on. 
We have done things that are normally not things we would do. It’s been fun. Tomorrow evening it’s back to reality. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

Well, I got talked into the Vigilante Zipline. I was extremely nervous, but I enjoyed it immensely! Lisa, my daughter, oldest grandson and myself went. 

IMG_1076.jpeg

IMG_1075.jpeg

IMG_1074.jpeg

IMG_1072.jpeg

IMG_1071.jpeg

IMG_1073.jpeg

Atta boy! I knew you could do it! I was pretty nervous too before we went. Pretty awesome tho.

• Like 1

Looks like a blast! Good for you. We just got back from family vacation also. Have done one to different places each summer since the kids were very little. Great memories I hope they keep long after I’m gone. Plus it’s awesome to have a week where I can sleep and not wake up thinking about work.

My oldest just completed freshman year of college. Said she intends to go with us as long as she can. I’m looking forward to cheaper trips with just 2…but it’s the happiest I see the kids all year.

1 hour ago, 1466fan said:

You already back home?  Only about an hour and a half from me. 

Yeah, we’re back at home. I need to generate some money. Sucks being self employed when it comes to getting a paid vacation!

I’m taking all of next week off! We are finally going to get our building erected, I hope. 

• Like 2

If you come back through here again holler at me we'll grab lunch or something 

44 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

So did you decide on which Jeep to keep?

Both?😂 I might have created a monster!! I think she has the Jeep bug worse than I do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

Yeah, we’re back at home.

Glad you had a safe trip and some good fun relaxing time.

• Like 1