Old Tanker

....     Rick.....you were a great presence on this site.....a patriotic American ...a bloke who served his country well and  who was very aware of the Political machinations  offered by the then current ''leadership'....

......Rest in Peace,   Rick

Mike

• Like 11

I posted this pic once during one of his Dorf rants and much to my surprise he found it funny. Right on Rick. Later after he became sick he declined to jump in on a Drof thread and said he shouldn't be stirring things up here. I think he liked his Dorfs but he also trolled us a little and enjoyed it. No harm done he was a good man and I am certain he and I would be great friends had we met.

RIP Rick

image.jpeg.ac19a1f20d5904042e93e238e05a57e8.jpeg

old tankerRIP.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Rick sent me a set of AR sights he printed. Someday I will mount them up for display purposes. They were great. 

• Like 8

My sincerest condolences on Rick's passing. One of the good guys for sure. Whether it was talking about his Army days(Thank you for your service, sir!), his days of working the custom cutter route, or his days of being retired, he always had interesting stories and comments.

He will be missed.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Yes I will miss him. I did several rounds with him telling me ag in California doesn't matter. Which from the political end is completely true. But currently still produces more money from ag than any other state, all specialty crops, or crops that don't handle cold.  After the first few rounds it was just to see if I could get another round out of him. He had a come back each and every time, never gave in until I let it drop. But always a gentleman. 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, ray54 said:

He had a come back each and every time, never gave in until I let it drop. But always a gentleman. 

I found that with him as well and always thought an army full of guys like him would be quite the force.unrelenting!

• Like 7

He will be missed! My best to his family.

Mike

• Like 4

Dang, another one gone.  I always got along fine with him.  He did enjoy stirring the pot, but that was the fun of the old forum!  He and MTO.  Sawmill and Capt Crunch.  I miss the old heads!

• Like 4

Damn...

RIP OT.

Never forget him telling me about his tank battalion`s participation in 73 Easting battle.

Thank you for your service Sir. 

• Like 10

My thoughts and condolences, rest easy Rick!  We will miss you.

• Like 4

Dang sorry to hear that.  He always kept things interesting around here that’s for sure. Hopefully there’s a nice line up of 8n’s siting there waiting for him to parade around on. Maybe even a M so he can show everyone how bad they were lol. 

• Like 3

Rick always had to get the last word in. Well, I have to say give me an M any day over an 8N! First time I ever got the last word in! 

Glad someone mentioned 73 Easting. Look it up on YouTube. Rick was there. I was not far away I don't think. Not sure. We didn't have road signs. Rick and I used to share funny stories about the Army. Lost touch with him a few years ago. I didn't know he was battling cancer. Too busy with my own stuff. Sure would have like to meet him in person. Maybe someday in a better place....

• Like 6