carco f-50 winch

Hey i recently aquired a td-15c dozer thats equipped with a carco f-50 winch. The winch is not working and im trying to troubleshoot it it and i thought id reach out and see if anyone had any experience with these.  What I have done so far is check my oil, cleaned suction screen and filter thats ran to the pump up on the engine.  When i pull  or push the control lever it only makes a slight sound difference but nothing turns or moves.  The suction screen was clean and the return filter looked good as well.  There is a guage that shows postion however the needle doesnt move on it when you move the control levers.  What kinds of things should i check first. I would love to get this winch working.

20240609_141720.jpg

20240609_141726.jpg

20240609_141732.jpg

pump has to be pumping oil, so check for that. Also suction screen and lines have to seal so they don,t suck air.

oil pressure for clutch engagement, brake release is 240 to 260 psi. Brake is spring applyed, oil released. And clutchs are oil applied, spring released.

Is a seperate fwd clutch and seperate rev clutch  

With engine idling you should be able to hear the winch bevel gears turning; as PTO is constant running.  Be somewhat unlikely PTO shaft is broken.

They are a good solid reliable winch

one other thing; 'some' F50 had an optional freespool lever, is a shorter lever than main control one. 

It just moves a simple sliding dog clutch to disengage drum from geartrain. so is 'in or out'.   Has to be engaged for winch to wind in or out.

So on the side of the winch i took the brake cover off and backed off the adjustment nut and i can turn the winch by the brake wheel by hand. My hydraulic pump is pumping oil i had a pressure gauge that goes up to 150psi and when i pull the lever the gauge maxes out instantly. Im going to try to find a higher psi gauge to check the exact pressure. I cannot hear the the bevel gears turning. One thing that doesnt seem quite right is when i pull the control lever or push the lever it seems like the hydraulic pump is maxing out and opening up a relief valve somewhere. Should it do this? Also whats the easiest way to see if in fact the bevel gears are spinning? 

I think the pto was driven off the transmission so the winch should be driven constantly if the engine is running, it is the controls that determine what's happening at the winch, doesn't sound like you have any drive from the transmission to the winch?

This shows the pto shaft on a G8 for TD18 which was a prior model, you can see the driveshaft is substantial

324843666_526325366266217_4023488046159284199_n.jpg.d73645fe15555f19a21cafb8e6883251.thumb.jpg.391f9a8b6f951fe95710c41bd97c86d8.jpg

Not sure if i have drive or not. Like i said i cant hear anything going on in the winch.  Is it normal for the hydralic pump to sound like its going into the relief valve when the control levers are moved.  Also is there any way to look and see if the gears are turning?

https://www.arrowwest.com/dozer-attachments-winches/150003631681/1900-Winch-CARCO-F50-WN9112

Try and follow the hoses back, they could be hydraulic drive or mechanical by the looks of it, you can see the mechanical yoke on this one but it looks like it has a hydraulic motor driving it, is there any plate can remove to see inside?