Jump to content

Ertl 1/64 Case Black Demonstrators


Recommended Posts

I know they made the 1/16 scale Black Knights, but I've never seen 1/64 scale versions. Anybody else seen them out in the wild?

t8SrCu-9MsbMWtIzCgz1l9--.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KY2674 said:

I've never heard of them. Looks like the plastic has been removed and re-glued on the one with white cab

Yeah that one does have the plastic loose, but the all black one looks like it hasn't been tampered with. I guess ertl could've made some. Case used to order special stuff all the time. My father and Grandfather were given a 70 series 4-Wheel drive model  after a tour of the plant.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

Never heard of them before, being made in the 70’s, that is. I have the 1/16 Black Knight repop from the 90’s.

Yeah the only 1/64 scale I thought they made wasn't until the 2000's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The plastic will fall off over time as the glue breaks down. I would say someone repainted them. Not sure how they made the Demonstrator decals, but I’m not up on that new stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Alan Dinan said:

The plastic will fall off over time as the glue breaks down. I would say someone repainted them. Not sure how they made the Demonstrator decals, but I’m not up on that new stuff.

That could very well be. They did a decent job of it though, theybused the right vintage toy. I bought them on an auction the other day, so we'll get a better look when they come in. I wonder if Ertl would have any records or did that all get tossed during the buyouts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 53ihgarand said:

That could very well be. They did a decent job of it though, theybused the right vintage toy. I bought them on an auction the other day, so we'll get a better look when they come in. I wonder if Ertl would have any records or did that all get tossed during the buyouts.

I would think that the package itself would say something about it being a Black Knight or something. I don’t remember ever seeing one from the 70’s, early 80’s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

They came the other day and just open the package. Both look really good. The all black is still in the bubble, it came loose at the bottom, but original glue on top from what it looks like. The tan cab bubble is open, but staples on bottom are holding both them. Whoever did it did a good job. They look like something ertl would put out. If they were repainted then they took it down to metal. There are a couple nicks on the tan cab tractor and I don't see any other colors before it. Interesting stuff.

20240531_123542.jpg

20240531_123600.jpg

20240531_123608.jpg

20240531_123711.jpg

20240531_123630.jpg

20240531_123637.jpg

20240531_123643.jpg

20240531_123649.jpg

20240531_123658.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 53ihgarand said:

They came the other day and just open the package. Both look really good. The all black is still in the bubble, it came loose at the bottom, but original glue on top from what it looks like. The tan cab bubble is open, but staples on bottom are holding both them. Whoever did it did a good job. They look like something ertl would put out. If they were repainted then they took it down to metal. There are a couple nicks on the tan cab tractor and I don't see any other colors before it. Interesting stuff.

20240531_123542.jpg

20240531_123600.jpg

20240531_123608.jpg

20240531_123711.jpg

20240531_123630.jpg

20240531_123637.jpg

20240531_123643.jpg

20240531_123649.jpg

20240531_123658.jpg

Are there printed numbers on the bottom of the tractors? If they were factory produced, they would have the numbers printed on them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did some looking on the numbers. The 70 series case and the 86 series IH tractors didn't have painted #'s. They didn't start that until the 2590 and the 88 series tractors from what I've seen in my collection. There are ink numbers on the back of the card, but they don't seem to match anything until the later tractors. The one thing that is different is the tape put over the ertl logo and info on the back. Both have them. But they're still pretty neat. Always wanted a 1/64 Black Knight when I was a kid. Probably good I didn't have them back them, they wouldn't be in as nice shape.

20240602_120840.jpg

20240602_120851.jpg

20240602_120954.jpg

20240602_120855.jpg

20240602_121005.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...