Weed experts, what is this ???

First off, I'm not talking about the "weed" that some states classified as legal either 😂. Ok, so I have hauled load after load of soil / cow manure that's been piled for years onto my garden last year, and now this year, im finding this to be quite prolific, odd thing for me is, it grows multiple roots that all look like tubers. When broken in half, the tubers are yellowish colored. Some people have guessed prickly lettuce, but I can't find anything that says they have a tuber root system. Pics I have included showing the plant, and tubers.  Any ideas you might have, I'm all ears 

Mark 

IMG_20240517_092720027_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240428_123645825_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240428_125259920_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

First off, I'm not talking about the "weed" that some states classified as legal either 😂. Ok, so I have hauled load after load of soil / cow manure that's been piled for years onto my garden last year, and now this year, im finding this to be quite prolific, odd thing for me is, it grows multiple roots that all look like tubers. When broken in half, the tubers are yellowish colored. Some people have guessed prickly lettuce, but I can't find anything that says they have a tuber root system. Pics I have included showing the plant, and tubers.  Any ideas you might have, I'm all ears 

Mark 

IMG_20240517_092720027_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240428_123645825_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240428_125259920_HDR.jpg

Curly dock. There's tons of that stuff around here. It was popular to use in dried floral bouquets for a short time. Also edible after cooking. Don't think you can smoke it. May ask the neighbors in the adjoining state. ;) 

Mike

• Haha 1

Sure look like a candidate to break trough hard pan