BC guys-fires already?

Little early for fire season?  We’ve had haze in NW Iowa the last two days, they are calling it smoke from fires in BC Canada. 

Supposed to get a wiff of them here in Ontario tomorrow.

A report that I saw stated that all current fires are deliberately set by eco-terrorists in order to push the glowbull warming narrative. 

16 minutes ago, Farmall Doctor said:

A report that I saw stated that all current fires are deliberately set by eco-terrorists in order to push the glowbull warming narrative. 

Doesn’t surprise me 1 bit!! 

• Like 1

None near me but getting close to Ft Mac again 4 miles from town towards the same neighborhoods that burned 8 yrs ago

There's wildfires going in all the prarie provinces already. If I recall right, there was quite a few going in northern AB/BC back in February yet. Was sure smokey here for a couple days but I'm not sure where the smoke was coming from. There's a big one out of control by flin flon from my understanding. We've been getting the rain the last 10 days off and on so that's helping but not sure how widespread it is. It's definitely early to have as many fires going as there is, but not uncommon for this time of year.

Haven't really had much for lightning yet, not many can be nature?

38 minutes ago, db1486 said:

There's wildfires going in all the prarie provinces already. If I recall right, there was quite a few going in northern AB/BC back in February yet. 

I heard during the winter some fires were smoldering under the snow, they referred to them as Zombie Fires

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hillman said:

I heard during the winter some fires were smoldering under the snow, they referred to them as Zombie Fires

There was that too, but I believe there was a few that started up too. No snow in alot of areas was not good. This is what I gathered from the guys at work that spent most of last year out in AB/NWT. They had predicted another wild fire season, which looks pretty accurate so far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, db1486 said:

There was that too, but I believe there was a few that started up too. No snow in alot of areas was not good. This is what I gathered from the guys at work that spent most of last year out in AB/NWT. They had predicted another wild fire season, which looks pretty accurate so far.

I assume it would be easier to control near Fort McMurray since the regrowth is 8 years but I haven't heard any reports of it. Is the fire in tat area in the same forest?

9 hours ago, db1486 said:

Were the same way, not much snow and very dry. Had less than 1.3 inches of rain as of the first of May.  If we get started it will be pretty bad around here. 

• Sad 1

On 5/14/2024 at 7:06 PM, Farmall Doctor said:

Ruin the environment to have your way....sounds smart.

57 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Ruin the environment to have your way....sounds smart.

The definition of terrorism has opened up in recent years. I think if someone is that stupid they should be charged with terrorism

• Like 2

On 5/16/2024 at 7:08 AM, hillman said:

I assume it would be easier to control near Fort McMurray since the regrowth is 8 years but I haven't heard any reports of it. Is the fire in tat area in the same forest?

I don't know about that one. I think it's in the same area but haven't had a chance to find out for sure. I did hear on the news about worries that it was headed for town again, but I thought they had pushed a good fire guard around there last time and after? Maybe it has not been maintained? 

• Thanks 1

not again !

On 5/14/2024 at 7:06 PM, Farmall Doctor said:

If that is the case, those people should be hung!

• Like 2

Fire at Ft Mac isn't out but weather has cooled and a wet forecast so things are looking much better, also helping Grande Prairie. 

• Like 2

When I can see and smell the smoke from those fires down here, I can't imagine what it would be like to be up there, in the area. 

Prayers for resolution for the existing fires and prevention for future outbreaks. 

And a good azzkicking for anyone intentionally starting one. 

• Like 3