They don't all get pampered

Duntongw

This is at a local dirt oval track. This tractor showed up about 4 years ago, but I never saw it look quite this bad. Even had a little clean spot on the windshield where the wiper run.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3bb16320d423d01a321b1bdb33708b4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.97d3a9e8421db123e5ab640a10b9b030.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, tractorholic said:

My gosh that’s quite a pile of dirt on the fender! I wonder how they can see where they are going?

X2 on the how do see where you are going

Must be parked on the corner during the race. First dirt track race I ever attended in the 60's was with some of my Scout troop. We got there a bit late and most of the seats were taken, except way down on the right at the corner. The scoutmaster found a seat in the crowd and told us to go sit in the open seats.  When the race started and the mud ended up in my coke and everywhere else, we knew why no one else was sitting there. We had the time of our lives.  This was somewhere near Mifflin PA.

• Haha 1

Tri City up at Franklin.

A young couple just bought it and have big plans. It's been around since the 50's and has had a number of owners.

Nothing fancy, but there's been a lot of good races there over the years.

• Like 1

That's really cool!!!  I wonder if the accumulation of big chunks of dirt are thrown there by the roller, or the tires?  The rest of the dirt spray seems typical of what you would get off the tires, pretty hard to get away from on the wet track.  I like how the treads of the tires are the cleanest part, proves what they are doing is working.  Looks like the roller is narrower than the tread width of the tractor, maybe offset of center to cover the right side tread?  Even if so, I think some of the tractor's ag tire imprint would be left in the track's surface, an interesting feature especially if intentional for traction, but possibly the ag tire's imprint doesn't make a difference and is smoothed over quickly by racing. In my backyard ice racing experience there were times that a frozen tire track from the snow plow was a good feature for traction. 

In the second pic the 6 hole wheel centers look good at speed.  A 2+2 is a neat choice for the job, a unique looking tractor vs any other, and 4 wheel drive, usually priced lower than other MFD classics, the "backwards" cab doors would give a mud free handle to get in the cab.  Many race tracks have cool older equipment, be it a wrecker, grader, water truck etc. and a bend in the middle 2+2 fits that niche well.  My local dirt track uses an old S series floater truck with bald tires for some of their rolling