Cummins-Powered 1967 Dodge D200 Crew Cab 4×4 5-Speed

jeeper61

Gorgeous resto, there was one of those sitting in the bush on my route to work for almost 20 years, was this the introduction of crew cabs and who was first Dodge or IH? The door window shape is kind of ugly but it could grow on you, the Cummins would be a nice package. Never saw it mentioned if it was the body placed on the newer truck chassis, that's the direction most go with these.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hardtail said:

Gorgeous resto, there was one of those sitting in the bush on my route to work for almost 20 years, was this the introduction of crew cabs and who was first Dodge or IH? The door window shape is kind of ugly but it could grow on you, the Cummins would be a nice package. Never saw it mentioned if it was the body placed on the newer truck chassis, that's the direction most go with these.

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that IH had the first crewcab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 801486 said:

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that IH had the first crewcab.

they ALL had mutli door/seat 8+ in the 30's ,no one could buy,short of govt'/jobs it took into the early 60's for the bigger contractors to jump in.,Making a profitable peasant item.

8 hours ago, Sask466 said:

I wish there were more pictures of it!

Follow the link they have 400+ and restoration photos 

9 hours ago, hardtail said:

Never saw it mentioned if it was the body placed on the newer truck chassis, that's the direction most go with these.

IIRC the origanal frame was used and boxed in the front 

The truck was born 2WD and the the drivetrain from a 94 swapped in 

• Like 1

I really like the truck but I can think of a lot better things to do with that kind of money assuming I had it to blow.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gearclash said:

All that money spent and they stuck with that rather lame NV4500 for a gearbox.  Nice shifting but the ratios ain’t right. 

It also says in the article that the speedometer does not work.  It also sounds like the engine is just a takeout with new front and rear crankshaft seals and the killer down pin addressed.  At 128,000 dollars i would think the speedometer should work.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paystar5000 said:

It also says in the article that the speedometer does not work.  It also sounds like the engine is just a takeout with new front and rear crankshaft seals and the killer down pin addressed.  At 128,000 dollars i would think the speedometer should work.  

yes for $4k -6K  you can have the engine "professionally " refabbed,dyno yad yada

and then not add a CCU auto for $7K limits the buy pool

I had a 1960 Ford crewcab. It was an ex-air force truck. Pretty sure the front and back doors and windows were the same on each side. Not sure if this Dodge is made that way or not, but it would explain the pillar design.

• Like 1

Well....I'm not a fan of crew cabs nor putting diesel engines in old trucks that never had them....so at 128000, it's about 122000 more than I would give. 

It is a beautiful truck. Just not my thing.

3 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

I had a 1960 Ford crewcab. It was an ex-air force truck. Pretty sure the front and back doors and windows were the same on each side. Not sure if this Dodge is made that way or not, but it would explain the pillar design.

I think there are some minor differences between the front and rear doors on this one