1486 with a MF 1155 cab and yep its puke ugly

Hydro70

On 5/10/2024 at 7:17 PM, acem said:

I've bent several steps back but never forward.

The Soundgard cab is good once you get in. I hate getting in them. Especially if the steps are bent 

Exactly.  I flat know people locally whom b/c of SG and PS trans left IH in the 70s.  The SG is not too big but its warm/cool and quiet.  Way quiter than a red or white cab.  I know from running a SG is quieter than a Control center.  You can make the doors open back.  Just weld up Magnum hinge and reports are it does ease egress.  Wirh the strut kit it really helps the doors mainly.  Don't shut on your foot.  Control center are roomy for sure.  

Fwiw

I think that look sharp.  Wonder what inside looks like?  I understoof MF cab be nicer than a red cab..?  Cant be louder i assume.

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Exactly.  I flat know people locally whom b/c of SG and PS trans left IH in the 70s. 

An old IH and then CIH salesman told me the same thing one time except it was some of his customers jumping ship.  The 86 series cabs were not a bad cab and were good enough for the die hards but not good enough to sway people back the other way from the competition.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:17 PM, acem said:

I've bent several steps back but never forward.

IMG_7014.jpeg

It’s possible for a loader tractor.  I looked at this tractor for a friend and told him a hard no unless it was free.  Too cowboyed up.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2024 at 7:58 PM, 560DT said:

exhaust pipe seems far forward

I noticed that too right off. I’d like to see what’s going on on the right side of the engine there. 

On 5/10/2024 at 7:58 PM, 560DT said:

exhaust pipe seems far forward

I noticed that too right off. I’d like to see what’s going on on the right side of the engine there. 

Massey's dual tanks are low, frame mounted, maybe that's why they moved tanks along with the cab.  Doesn't look all that bad to me, but then again, I have a cabbed 1085, and I do like the cab 

Mark