1486 with a MF 1155 cab and yep its puke ugly

Hydro70

1486withaMasseyFergusoncab.thumb.jpg.7c2e5a990a469b40af964ad6fc1c8bd7.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VacDaddyt said:

Could have done worse.

That's my feeling as well.  Probably the owner either had the cab already or put his hands on it for dirt cheap.  Not everybody is a purist.  Unfortunately.  

• Like 1

The first cabs on any brand of farm tractor were built by outside vendors.  Not until the 86 series that IH built the entire cab (control center).  The wide door on that cab is probably nice to get in.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VacDaddyt said:

Could have done worse.

Yes....        soundgaurd 

• Like 5

People will say that cab is improvement over the original because the doors open the right way.  As I recall the 55 series was Massey’s first sound gard type cab. 

4 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

People will say that cab is improvement over the original because the doors open the right way.  As I recall the 55 series was Massey’s first sound gard type cab. 

Only much BIGGER.... Sound guard cabs are the debal.... or at least that's what my momma said.... lol

4 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

the WRONG way....   and the MF cab was better than the green cab by leaps and bounds! That stupid "sound guard" cab is ridiculous! Piss be upon anything green with yellow wheels. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, F-301066460puller said:

Only much BIGGER.... Sound guard cabs are the debal.... or at least that's what my momma said.... lol

The SGB on our 4640 was a huge step up from the Massey 1150 it replaced.  

• Like 1

There was a photo recently of an '86 Control Center on a MF 1100, and it looked great! 

Doesn't look as good as what should be on there, but I agree, could be much worse.

• Like 1

Just now, Big Bud guy said:

Minus the straight forward visibility.  Apparently green and yellow guys only look sideways. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Big Bud guy said:

They were pretty crude if I remember right. Kind of like the 70-90 series CASE cabs. SG weren't that crude they were just way to small for me.

The guys that say the doors open the wrong way on the 86 and 88 series must say the same thing about their trucks😆😆😆😆🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mrfred54 said:

The guys that say the doors open the wrong way on the 86 and 88 series must say the same thing about their trucks😆😆😆😆🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

You aren't climbing around a tire on a pickup.  Just like on a JD 30/40/50 series 4 wheel drive.  You wonder why nobody ever complained about the doors opening the wrong way on those???  You want to know what's really fun.  Trying getting into 86 with the steps bent forward.  

Just now, F-301066460puller said:

They were pretty crude if I remember right. Kind of like the 70-90 series CASE cabs. 

I think they were worse than a Case 70 and 90 series for sure.  We couldn't decide what was more louder, the 5020 with a Eggin cab or the 1150.

26 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

You aren't climbing around a tire on a pickup.  Just like on a JD 30/40/50 series 4 wheel drive.  You wonder why nobody ever complained about the doors opening the wrong way on those???  You want to know what's really fun.  Trying getting into 86 with the steps bent forward.  

How are you “climbing around a tire” on a Control Center 86 or 50 series? Are you trying to enter the side window? Just because you damaged your entry steps isn’t the fault of the construction. 

• Like 4

I've bent several steps back but never forward.

The Soundgard cab is good once you get in. I hate getting in them. Especially if the steps are bent 

• Like 2

Not bad, not good either, but at least it isn't fugly. 

I don't care for the park brake being in the way on the 86 series cab but I understand they wanted to stay with the two door design and figured that out on the next series. I've never ran a JD with a sound guard cab but I can say that the cab shape/design on the new ones are more similar to that old IH cab than the SG

• Like 1

I just want to know what would bring about this conversion. An '86 series either had a CC cab or a 4 post right?

My first thought was you'd consider doing this to a '66 series but not an '86. It's not like finding another used CC cab would be that hard or expensive. 

• Like 1