Nashville questions

Going to go there for Memorial weekend. Long story, but bought a bull there, so we can vacation on the cows. 

I would love to see the Grand Ol’ Opery but I’m having trouble spending $200/ticket, and sitting up high. Is there any way to find cheaper tickets? If we don’t go there, are there other places to see? 
I have been to Nashville numerous times, but never had the chance to tour it. 

From when I was there 15 or so years ago but doubt it has changed. 

Go to the bars on Blues Row, that is where the old country is. 

Pictures on the walls from the greats and the live bands are more truer country. 

Mel Tillis stopped in one of the bars we were at one night. 

I guess it is a custom for some of them to do that to pay homage to the old days. 

The bars on country row are, well, whatever it is now. 

Bars stay open till 4 which is not condusive to all day meetings starting at 7. 

The last day, first meeting of the morning, I could not get my eyes to open. I could look at who was talking to me and nod but I'll be darned if I could get my eyelids to raise. 

Oh to be young again🤣

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I could not get my eyes to open. I could look at who was talking to me and nod but I'll be darned if I could get my eyelids to raise. 

I have days like that, and I don’t go to the bar, or drink! Monday was a day like that in the truck, was 9 hours of ****, but I got through it!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Johnny Cash museum was a good stop, and as Axial_al mentioned, the country music hall of fame was interesting too. 
Safe travels Nick!!

We were just there in Dec. Went to the Opry twice. Friday and Saturday. Worth it. Best part of the week.

Got to see Oliver Anthony make his debut. Unfortunately the entire show bill doesn't come out ahead of time. Seems like you're spending a lot to see four acts but it's a decent value in the end as they added acts day of the show. I wouldn't pay for the tour or the VIP experience. Our show tickets were around $60 each IIRC? Friday we sat 10ish rows back and Sat front of the center balcony. Parking is free at the mall across the street.

The hall of Fame was cool. I could do without the Broadway bar scene though. Wasn't even any good music. Bands in every bar but none of them good. Homeless camped on the sidewalks etc. right down tourist way. No thanks. One block off Broadway two guys asked if they could "use" my wife for some "fun". That was 2:00 in the afternoon. We made sure to be back to the hotel by dark. It got worse.

We headed North and hit Maple Motors in Hendersonville. Good prices on cool cars. Nice folks there.

Screenshot_20240509-153406.thumb.png.86bc8b613de8d2135ca4050440b4a3ae.png

I'd pay to see Steve Earl and Vince Gill.

Show bill from our Saturday night. 

IMG_20240509_154450958.thumb.jpg.9973fdf92a15b2ef63c51c1c4468ce72.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dzldenny said:

One block off Broadway two guys asked if they could "use" my wife for some "fun". That was 2:00 in the afternoon. We made sure to be back to the hotel by dark. It got worse.

the sad part is how many times the offer was accepted…

I'd say I see now why the homeless are toothless 

• Sad 1

The Hermitage, Parthenon, and the old post office converted into an art museum are pretty neat too.  Nashville is an interesting city.

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

the sad part is how many times the offer was accepted…

There was two guys that approached us together. There were others in the door way. A person may not have to "accept"...

I sure hope we just saw the exception.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dzldenny said:

We were just there in Dec. Went to the Opry twice. Friday and Saturday. Worth it. Best part of the week.

Got to see Oliver Anthony make his debut. Unfortunately the entire show bill doesn't come out ahead of time. Seems like you're spending a lot to see four acts but it's a decent value in the end as they added acts day of the show. I wouldn't pay for the tour or the VIP experience. Our show tickets were around $60 each IIRC? Friday we sat 10ish rows back and Sat front of the center balcony. Parking is free at the mall across the street.

The hall of Fame was cool. I could do without the Broadway bar scene though. Wasn't even any good music. Bands in every bar but none of them good. Homeless camped on the sidewalks etc. right down tourist way. No thanks. One block off Broadway two guys asked if they could "use" my wife for some "fun". That was 2:00 in the afternoon. We made sure to be back to the hotel by dark. It got worse.

We headed North and hit Maple Motors in Hendersonville. Good prices on cool cars. Nice folks there.

Screenshot_20240509-153406.thumb.png.86bc8b613de8d2135ca4050440b4a3ae.png

I'd pay to see Steve Earl and Vince Gill.

Show bill from our Saturday night. 

IMG_20240509_154450958.thumb.jpg.9973fdf92a15b2ef63c51c1c4468ce72.jpg

Been to a couple Steve Earle concerts. Love the music and his musicianship is outstanding. But toward the end of both concerts, he started talking politics. After a few minutes of political drivel, much of the audience got up and left. Let's just say that his views aren't quite in line with rural NoDak residents' views!

• Like 1

Well, I believe you guys talked us into getting tickets to the Opry. Not sure what she paid but we are going. 

• Like 2

Lot of history there, go to bicentennial and Centennial Park, definitely tour the Ryman. We took a tour bus around the city and picks and drops you off at spots, well worth it!! Robert’s bar, cheapest place there.

Hatch print shop was cool if it is still there. The country music hall of fame was worth the $$ to get in for sure. It’s a fun place for sure.

We didn't have a lot of time when we went back on Thanksgiving weekend, but we went to Cooters, which wasn't very busy, we just missed a big busload lol! We went next door to Willies too mostly just knick knacks. We were hoping to get into the opry to just walk around, but the parking lot was over full. We later found out they were taping a Christmas show that night. So we went to the Lane Automotive Museum around the south end. What a neat place, we only had about 2 hours before they closed, so wouldn't mind going back. It's a mostly European car collection, but there's a lot of neat stuff in there. Cars I've never heard of, and I'm kind of a car guy lmao!

12 hours ago, lotsaIHCs said:

Been to a couple Steve Earle concerts. Love the music and his musicianship is outstanding. But toward the end of both concerts, he started talking politics. After a few minutes of political drivel, much of the audience got up and left. Let's just say that his views aren't quite in line with rural NoDak residents' views!

Sad to hear.  I'd love to hear Steve Earle.  He can have whatever beliefs he wants...but I don't want to hear about them when I'm paying to hear his music.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

Sad to hear.  I'd love to hear Steve Earle.  He can have whatever beliefs he wants...but I don't want to hear about them when I'm paying to hear his music.

Well, he is a self-described $0c1@!1$+. And I agree, I'm there to hear the music, not be chastised for not having his beliefs. If you listen to his music, much of it is very, shall we say, "opinionated". He is nonetheless very talented. And has written and preformed a lot of great music.

We went in January,  definitely do the hall of fame tour. We also did the studio B ?? Tour ,  that was really interesting.  You meet at the hall of fame and jump on a bus to get there, Elvis recorded most of his music there and the lady that guided us was definitely a fan of his and really knew her stuff.  Many other artists recorded there as well,  it's literally like stepping back in time. Then go back to the hall of fame and spend as much time as you have. The Andrew Jackson Hermitage was neet to see, turns out he was kinda like the Trump of the 1800's. Food and drinks on Broadway are stupid expensive to a country boy. Kid Rock's, Legends and Jason Aldean's were the best music we found.  Aldean's has a bonus if you like 4020's, me not so much. 

23 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

Going to go there for Memorial weekend. Long story, but bought a bull there, so we can vacation on the cows. 

I would love to see the Grand Ol’ Opery but I’m having trouble spending $200/ticket, and sitting up high. Is there any way to find cheaper tickets? If we don’t go there, are there other places to see? 
I have been to Nashville numerous times, but never had the chance to tour it. 

Be advised its traffic is brutal and worse than any city Ive been in, rush hr is bad.  Lots of Civil War spots to tour like the Battle of Nashville and over just east of town is the Battle of Stones River battlefield.  Go on foot downtown to Printers Alley youll have fun and aint no thugs on the prowl either.  You can walk right in to the old grand opry auditorium just look for a huge red brick building and thatll be the place

19 minutes ago, Hydro70 said:

Be advised its traffic is brutal and worse than any city Ive been in, rush hr is bad.  Lots of Civil War spots to tour like the Battle of Nashville and over just east of town is the Battle of Stones River battlefield.  Go on foot downtown to Printers Alley youll have fun and aint no thugs on the prowl either.  You can walk right in to the old grand opry auditorium just look for a huge red brick building and thatll be the place

I have been in Nashville with the truck a number of times. I hate driving in it but we will have the dually and dropped the trailer at the motel. 

Nashville traffic is bad...agree 1000%.   65 sucks through town....worst part of the drive to the beach in FL.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Plow said:

Nashville traffic is bad...agree 1000%.   65 sucks through town....worst part of the drive to the beach in FL.

I have been through on both 65 and 24. Neither are any fun. You really need to be there during a snow. Once around all the wrecks, I had the roads to myself. 
I used to HATE leaving Kentucky. Traffic always gets worse. 
As bad as Nashville is to drive in, I would rather drive there than St Louis!!

I dont care much for Nashville, sorry. Its gotten very touristy. All the good stuff in TN is out in the countryside. 

What kind of bull and where do you pick him up?