What's your Weather like?

acem

Nice day today 72, first ride to work day this year, supposed to be 80 tomorrow 😊

• 1 month later...

Its cooler today but yesterday at noon I looked at the thermometer and we hit 100  for a few minutes. We have one of those digital remote thermometers, so I checked it a couple times during lunch. It dropped shortly to 98 and stayed there, ......... they went to the stupid metric system when I was in school and I still talk in miles , mph, mpg, degrees F etc

• Like 4

Very normal HOT AND DRY.  June,July, August, September, 85 to 105 normal. If humidity is, low it cools 30 to 50 degrees from high to low.

Hot and dry 90/100 most last week. Corn needs a drink badly.

Dry heat is so much more pleasant but hard on crops.  At least with the humidity I have a chance for rain.

It's 1030, I'm about to go to bed and it's still 90F outside...

• Sad 1

High 90s last week tapering to low 80s on Friday. Weekend was low clouds, mist/fog/rain and low 60s T storms around both days. The rest of the week looks good - high 70s to mid 80s and mostly sunny.

8 hours ago, Shell1066 said:

Hot and dry 90/100 most last week. Corn needs a drink badly.

It's getting a drink from irrigation here along Dry River Valley, that said till river dries up. Lots of calls on irrigation pump engines over last 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

Were forecast to hit 100F today with a heat index just over 110F. Excessive heat warning this afternoon.

Slight chance of rain next few days.

My screenshot above is the official weather by the national weather service.

Hot/dry and no rain in sight! -- the heat just hangs on here!

We were upper 80s last week, I think hit low 90s couple times, with bad humidity.  Couple little showers we got early in week didn’t help at all, as soon as they stopped still hot and humid. Got .15” yesterday and a little cooler. Highs in the 70s today and humidity is way down. I think it’s supposed to warm back up in a day or two. 

Got up to 100F for the first time this year on 23 Jun 24, in North Texas. Weather guessers say we should pass 100F this week.

Looks like Texas summer is here.

• Like 1

We hit 100F today and it's humid.

Wring your clothes out days...

My weather info is from the National weather service's official station in fort Smith 

Screenshot_20240624-182947.png

• Sad 1

We are very wet, water standing in the fields. Was hot and very humid, well hot for us, upper 80's, lower 90's with 90%+ humidity. We had a couple more inches of rain this past weekend with rain coming again tonight and tomorrow. cooler this week at least.

We aren’t in bad shape moisture wise. Few weeks ago a little on the wet side but not too bad. Now we’re a little on the dry side but again not bad. We’ve been getting a tenth here and there which has been just enough to keep from drying out during our little heat wave. Not the greatest for making hay. But second cutting is popping up strong. 

Thought S had finally HTF this morning. In my dreams I head a PING! Looked at my buddy & I hit the dirt!! Was ready to tell him to get the * down when there was a bang & some more PINGS & TINGS. Couple thuds, too. Woke up with a start & thought we were under attack! Seen a flash & head the bang. Listened again & it was hailing like crazy. Damned if I didn't almost go running out the door in my drawers & .410 just to get beat down by hail!!!

What the hail??? :blush:

Mike

IMG_20240625_073941.jpg

• Haha 2

Headed to 90 today and dry low humidity. Supposed to be more humid Tomorrow and 95 with possible thunderstorms.  Everything needs a good drink, fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Thought S had finally HTF this morning. In my dreams I head a PING! Looked at my buddy & I hit the dirt!! Was ready to tell him to get the * down when there was a bang & some more PINGS & TINGS. Couple thuds, too. Woke up with a start & thought we were under attack! Seen a flash & head the bang. Listened again & it was hailing like crazy. Damned if I didn't almost go running out the door in my drawers & .410 just to get beat down by hail!!!

What the hail??? :blush:

Mike

IMG_20240625_073941.jpg

I don't want to think about what a beat down that would have been...........literally.

• Like 1

HOT,HOT,HOT.90's and heat advisories.Today is the first bearable day in weeks.Tomorrow heat and humidy returns .Dry as dry can be.My farm hasn't seen rain of any sort just about since May.I know it's far short of you guys burned up out west,but crops, pasture and hay is suffering.