What's your Weather like?

acem

It's getting busy again today. Tornado watches and all.

Already got tornaders spinnin up north of me 

Looks like a good time to get out the lawn chairs, beer cooler and staple your hat on!

We've got minor river flooding too 

It's rained a foot in the past couple weeks.

Highs in 80s with high humidity. Perfect weather for storms.

How's the weather your way?

Got like 6 inches of snow at the house but melting as it land seems like a inch of water in it... good spring soaker bozeman pass has been shut down for almost 18 hours looks like they got a 2-3 feet cars have been stuck since 11 last night. At least the wind is down.

• Like 2

• acem changed the title to What's your Weather like?

Hot and windy. We got.15 of rain day before yesterday but it has been zapped with the wind. 
Coffeyville Kansas, big clouds to the southeast. They have had serious rain 

All quiet here, so far. Weather guessers say storms will get here around 9 or so, figure you'll get em before that. Radar simulation shows it splitting and going around us, but probably won't get that lucky. Got water standing on my heavy ground and need to replant the drowned spots and get some herbicide out. Not looking like that's going to happen soon though. 

Mac

1 hour ago, MT Matt said:

Snowed up about 3500-4000 feet last night. Been upper 40s the last couple days and windy here on the west side. Supposed to be nice by the weekend.

IMG_9859.thumb.jpeg.701ec7f25f786dd2d7105a3ef91e08e7.jpeg

I’m envious of your picture. Looks like a beautiful place to live. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1566Hog said:

I’m envious of your picture. Looks like a beautiful place to live. 

It is!!!  But Montana is full…. 🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, I’ve traveled a bit and wouldn’t live anywhere else in the States. 

• Haha 1

Rains every other day. We have nothing planted yet. A few guys have mudded in some corn. Still early to get nervous yet. Forecast does not look promising

Hitting low to mid 70s last few days. Chance of rain everyday or 2 thru next week sounds like. We have had some good rains. Glad for the moisture. Be nice if it would come once every week or 2 for a while. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MT Matt said:

It is!!!  But Montana is full…. 🤣🤣🤣

In all seriousness, I’ve traveled a bit and wouldn’t live anywhere else in the States. 

That's funny we used to go to a MD run every summer at Dog Creek which is I think Olney on a map, get back to work and people ask how was the holiday, crappy, expensive, rude people, never go back, after the 3rd year of going back they started to put it together that maybe Montana wasn't so bad after all, sorry I tried to keep the Canucks out but those damn Kalifornians kept sliding and moving up from the south, we joking threatened to throw one off a mountain near Yahk 😁

• Haha 3

Had 2 to 2-1/2” so far today. Still raining at the moment but had an 1-1/2-2” in about 20 minutes earlier. Two tornado warnings about 5 hours apart today, also. Had some pea sized to marble sized hail for a couple minutes at the beginning of the first storm.

18 minutes ago, acem said:

Looks like we missed this storm.  I don't need any rain for now.

11" rain, in last 40 days,expect 1-2" thru next week.

front split at 2am ,fizzled north,went 15m south with ef1 en route 3x 30m west then 2x 20 east.

suppose to return am fri,but on the CC low side

rare they preempted 1-3am ,live person local and then kept hacking that with near useless NWS takeover,blocking actual usable info.

nothing on phone,as those are only used for flood,which we are 100-300' above

14 hours ago, MacAR said:

need to replant the drowned spots and get some herbicide out.

Are you gonna get to plant any cotton this year?

• Like 1

Hot and sticky, down here in Texas, 95 F on 08May, didn't set a record.

Appears summertime, is here.

Stay cool! and watch the sunflowers grow!

1 hour ago, twostepn2001 said:

Are you gonna get to plant any cotton this year?

Probably not this year. I got a little carried away with corn and didn't leave myself enough room, and Mrs Mac's got enough to play with from last year. I might plant one short row in the garden though, just for fun. I do like watching it grow!

If not for putting atrazine on the corn ground I planned on putting some in the short rows, but I don't figure cotton and atrazine play well together. Still have some of the seed you sent though, should be enough to do what I need for a while.

Mac

• Like 1

We got our storm last night.  Got back from out with my GF and was near work for the night and haven't seen my place this morning (working half a day and going home), but neighbor said all rain and no wind there.  8mi south east was the path of damage (near the TN River, where it kinda tracks a ways regularly), so close.  Where I stayed in Huntsville, there was spots very near where i was that trees were down and power out all night (probably still is).  Probably got several inches of rain.  More damage occured to the east and up north in south east Tennessee, according to news. 

Alabama weather.  Good or bad, wait a minute, and it'll change.  

Cousin is cutting alfalfa (been bloomed out for over a week, waiting for sun), probably late today or tomorrow.  Need sun and heat, but it'll be average on both. 

I'll be cutting grass/fescue hay to roll within several weeks.  Life is good at the moment.  It's a good phase.  

4.5 inches of rain yesterday here in Ky, giving rain next week also, going to be a late planting season here. We have 900 acres in the ground with 1100 to go. Many farmers have not planted any soybeans yet. 

Seems to rain here every 3 days or so. Yesterday had rain come in from the southeast. Kind of unusual.

KIMG0709.thumb.JPG.b28241570f4e40909bc1551c0bd997ca.JPG

KIMG0710.thumb.JPG.3e7718b9193cf8e01bb5fda6256e1825.JPG

• Like 2