Speaking of Cats

12 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Same here in Iowa.

Food for thought! One of the young guys at work showed us this awhile back.

@Sledgehammer did you know they were filming you? 

12 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

@Sledgehammer did you know they were filming you? 

I guess not. I dont have a Boston hat but I have been surrounded by that many coons at the same time. They were all dead but whatever. 

IMG_1434.jpeg

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I guess not. I dont have a Boston hat but I have been surrounded by that many coons at the same time. They were all dead but whatever. 

IMG_1434.jpeg

I assumed that was the lead up… give them fish oil hotdogs to get them all sleek and shiny 

I could fix you up with some Red Sox swag.. I’ve got nothing for the Bruins

12 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I assumed that was the lead up… give them fish oil hotdogs to get them all sleek and shiny 

I could fix you up with some Red Sox swag.. I’ve got nothing for the Bruins

No thanks. I don’t follow sports anyway. 

Back in the 50s we never had racoons up here except in the Zoo. A lot of critters have migrated North due to food supplies and climate! We used to get winters that had -25* - 40*+ days for a couple of weeks on end. This winter we've had two days of minus -20*. Never dared plant anything until after Memorial day. This year I planted potatoes Yesterday a first time. I do believe in our climate is changing, is that good or bad? No snow all winter as many of you know and 60* Days in February! It may be just a hickup in the weather but, when have you seen such! How about the 187 tornado's in one day, record floods, unbelievable snowfalls in some areas, earthquakes in odd areas! I believe God is getting mad with us!

On 5/6/2024 at 9:11 PM, Sask466 said:

They are active out in Western Canada too.IMG_0955.thumb.jpeg.496079754e3a48bff8bb2ede2391241a.jpeg

That's what I've heard haven't seen any in Alberta yet matter of time, supposedly wild boar herds are growing also

Well, you haters will be happy to know, there's one less raccoon in Oswego County. Drilled one on the way home from the fire station tonight. Poor little guy.

On 5/6/2024 at 9:49 AM, sandhiller said:

You can always adopt a cute lil fuzzy wuzzyCat With Big Eyes, Line Drawing ...

I think I would rather have a coon🤣

I hate that I'm laughing so hard at this. I know that had to hurt, but dang, that animal control officer didn't have much control😂

• Haha 2

Almost seems wrong for me to bait them to the porch using cat food and take them out.  Heck now I sound like that guy from western Pennsylvania.  All kidding aside I am in favor of population control. 

I would try to “take them out” vs just grabbing it. I did that once years ago and things just about got western….  We’ll just say that raccoons are more agile than a cat when you grab them behind the head…

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, acem said:

Usually coon taste kinda like greasy cat.

Some of your southern food sounds great.  Not the coon and possum though.  I'm not that hungry to find out what it tastes like.

22 hours ago, acem said:

Ya know armadillo is just possum on the half shell!

Southwestern tactical possum