Jump to content

I EFFFING HATE MICE!


Recommended Posts

Biocide Auto Shocker works very well on smells. Buy it at NAPA.

I hate mice, rust and politicians in any order.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, acem said:

One day mice and roaches will take over the world...

It's a nightmare I have...

and democr...........

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have female cat, she is expected to keep out little property free of vermin, I caught her playing with a neighbor squirrel, hopefully she is better with mice and field rats. Now we are over run with  fruit fly's attracted by the many grapes growing on our grapevine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For 25 years we never had mice in our vehicles or buildings. Then we got a new dog. She scared the barn cats away from the yard. They're still around but don't come to the yard anymore. Now we have mice in everything it seems. I need to train the dogs to leave cats alone, if that's possible with the 2 we have now. Our old german shepherd killed 1 cat but never bothered them after that. I'd put out poison but the one dog likes to eat dead mice. A'la Mr. Jinks from Pixie and Dixie: "I hate Meeces to pieces!". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mouse control is difficult for me. 

I have a severe cat allergy.  I get asthmatic and cant breathe after a spell. 

It has come in handy once though.  I was backpacking in the rocky mountains with the troop about 10 years ago.  We stopped for a brake.  My nose went off, telling me CAT.  I mentioned that my allergies were acting up.  My son said we need to leave NOW.  He said if I could sense a cat out in the open like that it must be close or hasn't been gone long. We left immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got  some left over tomcat if you want it , idont if the post office will ship it ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Got  some left over tomcat if you want it , idont if the post office will ship it ?

I can buy bait, I actually think because I am still a town official I can get industrial stuff. I was amazed at the good stuff I could get in terms of pesticides, explosives, etc. but with a couple dogs around and a kid, I don’t dare use baits. I do bucket traps, which work very well, but still sometimes they find their way in. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do any of those electronic gizmos work to keep mice/rats away?

What has been tried?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

Do any of those electronic gizmos work to keep mice/rats away?

What has been tried?

They work to separate people from money, which is their intent. Had a lady wanted an outlet in her attic for one of those to keep bats away, she had dozens of bats. We put it up there with an extension cord to see if it even worked before going to all the work of putting an outlet there. Next day there were 5-6 bats hanging from it sound asleep. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

They work to separate people from money, which is their intent. Had a lady wanted an outlet in her attic for one of those to keep bats away, she had dozens of bats. We put it up there with an extension cord to see if it even worked before going to all the work of putting an outlet there. Next day there were 5-6 bats hanging from it sound asleep. 

Well that answers my question... lol what do you use for bats?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm about to offend the mouse huggers.........and furries that dress up like rodents......but if you put a 5 gallon bucket about a third full of used motor oil next to the seat on the floorboards.........they jump right in.....problem solved and doesn't stink....unless you stir it up. youl be shocked how many mice you will collect over the winter. works excellent in grain trucks square body Chevy pickups and '57 Chevy 2 door hardtops.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, F-301066460puller said:

Well that answers my question... lol what do you use for bats?

Spray foam at night 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, F-301066460puller said:

Well that answers my question... lol what do you use for bats?

Tennis racket

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, F-301066460puller said:

Football helmet or hockey goalie?

No, sir, I wasn’t tryin’ to kill them, just keep them away from my head!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have 4 tame barn cats plus two wild ones and we have no mice problems for you cat haters.  Only other way I know of effectively getting rid of mice Rozol.  Open the bucket and they will find it and die.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RODENTEX, is a rodent bait sold at Texas Farm stores. I got it from GEBOS. Smells like  peanut butter, our field rats ate 2 sticks in one night, comes in 1/4 pound sticks like butter) a week later the smell of decaying rodents permeated the rear yard. They had tunneled under the tool shed, and that became their last resting place. Next big rain washed their remains into the ally behind the shed.  I added new topsoil around the foundation.  I am seeing mouse signs again. They're back, but no longer come out in daylight.  I tried oil in a 5 gallon bucket, how did you get your rodents to swim in used oil? Only thing I have caught are insects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, oleman said:

RODENTEX, is a rodent bait sold at Texas Farm stores. I got it from GEBOS. Smells like  peanut butter, our field rats ate 2 sticks in one night, comes in 1/4 pound sticks like butter) a week later the smell of decaying rodents permeated the rear yard. They had tunneled under the tool shed, and that became their last resting place. Next big rain washed their remains into the ally behind the shed.  I added new topsoil around the foundation.  I am seeing mouse signs again. They're back, but no longer come out in daylight.  I tried oil in a 5 gallon bucket, how did you get your rodents to swim in used oil? Only thing I have caught are insects.

Design, invite them to a picnic, then let them swim 

IMG_3109.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Tennis racket

I just got done using the broom on the bat.   Byby bat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/4/2024 at 12:39 PM, acem said:

One day mice and roaches will take over the world...

It's a nightmare I have...

You forgot the rats in government

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...