pennicillin

pinesman

Has anybody ever taken livestock injectable pennicillen orally. I got strep throat this weekend and I'm not real happy with shots. I was considering taking penn orally. Would your stomach/gut absorb it and get the same effect? Just wondering.

No, definitely don't do that. It is specifically formulated for injection. It contains Novocaine among other things. See your Dr and get an Rx.

Mark

well in high school i gave a buddy a penicillin shot and he gave me one also. I am sure you know what the problem was. A new student came to school and she was giving the gift that keeps on giving---

well in high school i gave a buddy a penicillin shot and he gave me one also. I am sure you know what the problem was. A new student came to school and she was giving the gift that keeps on giving---

Ouch!!! :blink: I just about spit my Mt. Dew all over my keyboard when I read that!

I don't think taking it orally would be a good idea at all.

On the other hand, I have given myself a cc of LA-200 once in the past with a new plastic syringe and the smallest needle we had for baby pigs. It worked, but the smallest needle I had was about 6 steps bigger than what a doctor would have used, and my arm was a sore SOB for a few days...

Bill

I'm thinking that the cure might end up being worse than the ailment! :blink::huh::o

Had abuddy with an ingrown toenail that wanted me to give him a shot of penn. once. Told him the bottle is in the fridge, I'll be outside. Give it to yourself....

He went to a doctor instead.

Has anybody ever taken livestock injectable pennicillen orally.  I got strep throat this weekend and I'm not real happy with shots.  I was considering taking penn orally.  Would your stomach/gut absorb it and get the same effect?  Just wondering.

think I would have to pass,Try blackberry brandy,or chicken noodle soup.

Definitly not it will burn the stomach lining!!!! And injectable pcn is not compatible with stomach acids. Just give your self 1.2 million units IM and be done with it. :D

george

¸ I had thought of a good comeback and story for your post, but descretion has gotton the better of me! I hope that you also kept a shot to give to her. I will just throw one question--------was she good, cute, good at it, or all of the above???????????????6......QR..

:huh: Man ! I have not heard of that in years ! I have heard of it , I don't remember the details , and I'm not going to give the details . Thanks for the memories . :)

¸ I had thought of a good comeback and story for your post, but descretion has gotton the better of me! I hope that you also kept a shot to give to her. I will just throw one question--------was she good, cute, good at it, or all of the above???????????????6......QR..

She was a really a nice lookin girl and yes she was good :) . Then a few days later in PE,Ag and shop they told the boys who ever has been with this girl needs to go to the gym after school my buddy and i opend the door and it looked like a hundred boys were in there. We slipped out and went to the drugstore and purchased penecilllin and little needles as they sold vet supplies. Then to the farm and i started giving him his shot in the hip and had the big old gun set on 5cc and when i squeezed the handle it bout knocked him to the ground. I set it on 1 cc then and it was ok. Kind of hard sittin the next few days but we kept our mouths shut for a long long time.

I have A simple reply, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was rolling on the floor laughing my self stupid. After beeing sick for 4 days I was entinertaing the thought , but not any more I am getting a pill.

My Crawler Chick, knew a couple of doofs (not me) in collage they were sick and gave themselves about 20 cc each in the azz, both wound up in the hospital due to a overdose. :ph34r:

.....gave themselves about 20 cc each in the azz, both wound up in the hospital due to a overdose. :ph34r:

Holy crap! I don't have a bottle in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the reccomended dosage is 1 ml/100 lbs body weight. (the stuff we use anyway) I wonder if they thought to read the label first?

Wait a minute, they were giving each other animal medicine.... No, I don't imagine it did cross their minds to read directions... :unsure:

Holy crap! I don't have a bottle in front of me, but I'm pretty sure  the reccomended dosage is 1 ml/100 lbs body weight. (the stuff we use anyway)  I wonder if they thought to read the label first?

Wait a minute, they were giving each other animal medicine.... No, I don't imagine it did cross their minds to read directions... :unsure:

Chances are, they probably wanted to get rid of "The Burnin Furry" in a hurry :D:D

1/2 CC Banimaine (sp) Works Great for hangovers and headaches, and toothaches and other things you would use asprin on, Only it works 20 times faster and lasts a lot longer, Put in the lip of a pop can and take a huge drink and then a one more huge drink, (stuff is really bitter). As for the penn Best call the vet I know some who have used it them selfs before, also have called each other for stiches!

I do not know what they had, maybe it was the gift that keeps on giving?? I know for a fact that their head bolts were not properly torqued.

I do not know what they had, maybe it was the gift that keeps on giving??  I know for a fact that their head bolts were not properly torqued.

others said about 10cc in each hip and we went with about that much in only 1 hip. it did not make us sick either it was in 69 or 70

No it was the "clap" we caught from the gal or aka "vanerial disease" or "gonnerea"

mx240, did you mean the burnin furry, or the burnin fury??LOL :lol::lol::blink:

kinda reminds me of the AC/DC song "she's got the jack"

yeah this thread has made me laugh too, I remember some of the guys back in the late 80's at work talking about the flamin pee.Said they'd about faint when they'd take a leak. LOL :lol:

mx240, did you mean the burnin furry, or the burnin fury??LOL  :lol:  :lol:  :blink:

LMAO I guess I need to proofread a little better. I meant burning fury, but no doubt it was a "burnin furry" that caused it. :blink::D:D

LMAO  I guess I need to proofread a little better.  I meant burning fury, but no doubt it was a "burnin furry" that caused it. :blink:  :D  :D

Is that anything like the resident Cattle Baron's (ORF) "FLAMIN' YAWN"????

HAHAHAHAHA

Bill

LMAO  I guess I need to proofread a little better.  I meant burning fury, but no doubt it was a "burnin furry" that caused it. :blink:  :D  :D

Is that anything like the resident Cattle Baron's (ORF) "FLAMIN' YAWN"????

HAHAHAHAHA

Bill

I think "Flamin Yawn" is caused by same sex relations :o:o

Archived