From dry to soaked in a week

7 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

The hill ground was probably dry enough yesterday but i took off for Mother's day and well, because it was Sunday. The river bottoms all flooded so we've got at least a week to ten days before we can get in them,oh and it's raining here again.

My wife is very understanding. We are going out for Mother’s Day tonight. We are way behind so I didn’t go to church. I thought I could get the 240 finished where I was, but didn’t even get close. It was hill ground. We’ve had about .55” so far with more on the way. Prevent plant payments wont pay the bills in my experience.  

All my neighbors are going now. Dad talked each of them, and they all said it is too wet and heavy! I guess their patience has run out. I just hope, come July and August, they aren't regretting that decision. That usually when you see the results of compaction, of any sorts, around here

4 hours ago, 766 Man said:

More like 4 plus days around here.  Wet to the very top of the topsoil layer.  The weather outlook for the next couple of weeks is unsettled.  

2 minutes ago, Farmerboy72 said:

All my neighbors are going now. Dad talked each of them, and they all said it is too wet and heavy! I guess their patience has run out. I just hope, come July and August, they aren't regretting that decision. That usually when you see the results of compaction, of any sorts, around here

Too much mud balling around here.  It's not even a judgement call unless a person is a complete fool.  Raining lightly again here as I type this response.