$@&!

vtfireman85

So I stopped at the post office and I wish I hadn’t. I was pulling up to the road intersection, and he backed out of his spot…. Right into my door and fender. I see damage to the fender, the rim, obviously the door, the door sill and the running board. My preferred body shop isn’t Ford certified, but extremely capable and reputable, still not sure what to do and waiting for a dealer call back. 

IMG_5792.jpeg

IMG_5793.jpeg

IMG_5794.jpeg

• Sad 13

Now begins the WHOLE long process of estimates, INS companies, repair shops, rental truck, excuses why not done, can't get parts, fit and finish...sucks.

That sucks. Friend of mine just got t boned in a intersection by a guy with a stolen suv. Driver ran but the police arrested the passenger. It was his company truck but still. Nearly identical truck to yours too. 

Just got wife's car back from her getting t boned when a guy didn't stop at a 4 way. 74 yo guy was texting and driving..... at least our car was 10 years old and I was thinking about replacing it soon. Not new. Sorry hate to see that happen to you.

20240320_180943.jpg

20240320_180953.jpg

Knowing how long you had waited for that truck to be delivered and how much you had wanted THAT truck this is an unfortunate setback.

BUT, glass half full, trucks can be fixed or replaced.  People on the other hand are not so easily fixed or replaced.  Be thankful for your own health, as well as the health of your family.

• Like 9

Something that bright red and they could not see it!  Someone did that to my mother-in-law in a CVS parking lot. She was stopped because another car backed out without looking. The driver that hit her said she pulled in behind him after he was moving. I told her to get the store video and take him to court. She was 92 so she said it was not worth the hassle.

It doesn't pay to have any vehicle in good shape anymore. If you drive a beater, people are more likely to give room because they have more to lose.

• Like 2

Bummer.  Quality body shop is key.   Idk how that would work with the shop you like not being aluminum certified though. Maybe ask that shops opinion on where to go.  I know the shops that do aluminum here have Completely separate building and tools (even their simple hand  tools) are separate, for use on aluminum.   I wouldn’t believe it, if I hadn’t seen it.  Coworkers family owns the shop and he gave me a walk through.  Aluminum building was a $500k project, Years ago.  Actually they were ford certified before the two local dealers were.   Guy has told me that new doors (like you need obviously) fit very well these days. Back when aluminum was new (‘15) he was having a heck of a time getting parts that fit.

Given….if your truck had been a bit taller 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stronger800 said:

Given….if your truck had been a bit taller 

I am sort of glad it didn’t do more damage to the cab, might’ve if it was taller. So far my insurance experience has not been exactly negative but it seems like more hassle than necessary. 

Just now, jeeper61 said:

Bummer

If it was 5 years old won't be bad but brand new kinda burns ya 

Wish you the best of luck on the repair 

5 years old it might actually be being improved! 

• Like 1

Reputable shop will have it better than new in no time. For sure an aggravation dealing with insurance and body shops. Been down that road. Hope everything goes well for you.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

That stinks to have an almost new truck getting bodywork. 

On a bright note, the vehicle that backed into yours did not have his hitch drawbar in the hitch (if there was one)! 

He did, that’s what got my running board and mud flap

IMG_5798.jpeg

I have never had a lot of dealings with insurance companies but the ones that I have had were  hassle free. I failed to yield for a deer last spring to the tune of $6500, I drove it to the body shop, they gave me an estimate and faxed it to the insurance company that afternoon They could not get it in to work on it for a week which was no big deal,  but other than that it was fine.
Actually I had to wait an extra week because a factory hood was on back order and my insurance company did not want them to use a used hood, or an aftermarket one. Which seems pretty surprising.

• Confused 1

well dang it thats a bummer man, sorry you got the new truck scuffed up - hope they take good care of it at teh ins company and repair shop its just a hastle like you say 

glad no one got hurt or anything like that, not much consolation i know

20 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

well dang it thats a bummer man, sorry you got the new truck scuffed up - hope they take good care of it at teh ins company and repair shop its just a hastle like you say 

glad no one got hurt or anything like that, not much consolation i know

Well, i try to put it in perspective, we just lost another customer this month, today I found out it was Sinus cancer(which I had never heard of), turns out last time I was there I spoke to him but didn’t recognize him….. there are bigger problems than this. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

I have never had a lot of dealings with insurance companies but the ones that I have had were  hassle free. I failed to yield for a deer last spring to the tune of $6500, I drove it to the body shop, they gave me an estimate and faxed it to the insurance company that afternoon They could not get to work for a week which was no big deal,  but other than that it was fine.
Actually I had to wait an extra week because a factory hood was on back order and my insurance company did not want them to use a used hood, or an aftermarket one. Which seems pretty surprising.

My preferred body shop was fixing my wife’s car one time. He called me and said they were Insisting on an aftermarket bumper cover, he said for some people he wouldn’t think twice, but was worried I wouldn’t be satisfied with the fitment . I went round and round for the better part of a week ending up paying an extra 300 Or something out of pocket, I got my factory part, that insurance company lost a customer.