Small miracles/ umbilical knot

mader656

11 minutes ago, mader656 said:

The knot was not tight and they could not get it to tighten afterbirth. Hopefully nothing else comes of it. 

Yes our daughters knot was the same they think she actually had a stroke in utero or what they call a vascular event.

11 hours ago, KWRB said:

This happened with my nephew! It looked like a pretzel!

I'll add he's a perfectly healthy, 13 year old, rambunctious kid these days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dale560 said:

placenta privea

My wife had Placenta Previa as well. She had multiple hemorrhaging events and was on bed rest for months. The company I flew for was great and I flew day trips and finally just stayed home. I made lots of trips to the hospital where she'd stay usually overnight then back home on bed rest. We never asked the sex of our kids during ultra sound but I knew it was a boy this time as they were giving injections to speed lung development which happens more slowly for boys. One morning around 30 something weeks she hemorrhaged badly, filling a few of those huge blue hospital pads while I bundled her up for the ride. I didn't speed but ran every light which got her attention. Arriving at the ER I commanded the first person I saw for a wheel chair. I knew we we having a baby soon but my wife, probably due blood loss, was still a bit clueless. The short story is i got to watch the emergency C section and the delivery of our 5lb son. After watching our 10lb daughter's natural delivery, it was a bit of a shock to see how small he was. He spent a few days in the NICU but soon grew strong and healthy. At his first  checkup he was behind from starting early and the doc said he was only likely to grow to 5'8" or so. He grew up to be the 6'2" star athlete in HS and on the the track team at the USCG Academy.

I'm amazed at just how much blood my wife lost at those events, especially at the last one. At the OR I was quizzed about watching. I'm not squeamish and told them so. My wife said she didn't want any faces while watching and since I'm not squeamish I told her they were drawing faces on her belly when they were already in. Pretty amazing to watch the doc put her uterus on her chest!

10 hours ago, TN Hillbilly said:

Those third and fourth ones can come fast.

Our first one the labor was 45 minutes. The second was faster and we were lucky the on call doctor was already in the wing of the hospital where we were. Numbers 3 and 4 were delivered (caught on the way out would be the more proper description) by an unsuspecting nurse. I still remember with the 4th one my wife said "something feels different" so the nurse reached down to check it out and said that's the baby, it's half way out.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jesse in WI said:

Our first one the labor was 45 minutes. The second was faster and we were lucky the on call doctor was already in the wing of the hospital where we were. Numbers 3 and 4 were delivered (caught on the way out would be the more proper description) by an unsuspecting nurse. I still remember with the 4th one my wife said "something feels different" so the nurse reached down to check it out and said that's the baby, it's half way out.

That's fast. I think I would have caught this one on the side of the road had we been home

During our first one's delivery the nurse said "You're fully dilated , you can start pushing" my wife said  "is the doctor coming?" Nurse said "oh you'll be pushing for hours, no rush" My wife said "Bullship!"  and popped out all 10lb in short order. She blew the blood vessels in her face with the effort.

Congratulations, and ptaise the Lord for guiding you that day

I am not sure the number regulates delivery speed. 

Our first 2 daughters were considered quick, our son was born at home and we live only 2 miles from the hospital. Our third daughter was born in the regional hospital a hundred miles away because labour wouldn't advance and she was tiny.