Small miracles/ umbilical knot

mader656

Jemma Amadea came into this world tuesday at 1:17 pm she is healthy. 

Labor was about 1 hour and 7 minutes from when the first labor pain hit till she was on screaming. I'm glad this started at the hospital because coming from home this would have been a side of the road baby. The contractions hit like a switch zero to 10 in one minute.

Monday I had a feeling I should not go to work so I stayed home. Around noon Mrs. Waddle faster labors became 10 minutes apart. It was a false alarm 

We had a induction scheduled today  but they had one open Tuesday. I had a gut feeling to take it.  

When jemma came they were all discussing the cord it had been formed into a true knot that was still loose. I cant help but think this was the reason to we wanted to get baby out sooner than later.

• Like 29

• mader656 changed the title to Small miracles/ umbilical knot

My daughter's was wrapped around her neck or otherwise tangled. We went in for a check up, and baby's heartbeat would drop when she moved around. They kept us and gave wife a shot to help baby develop her lungs faster. About 10 or 11 pm, they decided they could not wait any longer and took her cesarean.  6 weeks early. A bit stressful for us, but all is well 30 years later. 

Glad you followed your feeling Mader! And thank goodness everything turned out well. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

When jemma came they were all discussing the cord it had been formed into a true knot that was still loose. 

Our second kid was born in a similar cord situation. Loose knot that we were unaware of until birth with a natural delivery. Doctors and nurses figured the knot tightened in the birthing process. No adverse affects that we know of after 12 years. 

• Like 6

We have had 5 kids since 2018 and other than one being an emergency c section due to not progressing, and the other being a breach twin, we have had no issues.  I'm glad we are done because there is so much that can go wrong, and I would be wrecker as a person witnessing a baby suffer 😞

Congratulations!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, mader656 said:

Labor was about 1 hour and 7 minutes from when the first labor pain hit till she was on screaming. I'm glad this started at the hospital because coming from home this would have been a side of the road baby. The contractions hit like a switch zero to 10 in one minute.

Monday I had a feeling I should not go to work so I stayed home. Around noon Mrs. Waddle faster labors became 10 minutes apart. It was a false alarm 

We had a induction scheduled today  but they had one open Tuesday. I had a gut feeling to take it.  

When jemma came they were all discussing the cord it had been formed into a true knot that was still loose. I cant help but think this was the reason to we wanted to get baby out sooner than later.

7 hours ago, mader656 said:

My  oldest daughter was born with a true knot in cord. The baby doctor not the delivery doc was giddy he said she is going to be a gymnast. Good luck with the new baby. Pretty soon they are 20 years old

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mader656 said:

This happened with my nephew! It looked like a pretzel!

Glad things went well. I was getting worse with each childbirth and no way I could take another one. Prayers for not having anymore 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bitty said:

Glad things went well. I was getting worse with each childbirth and no way I could take another one. Prayers for not having anymore 

Follow up to fix that issue in a month or so

Just now, mader656 said:

Follow up to fix that issue in a month or so

I meant prayers for me not having anymore. LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Congratulations! Glad all went well, there is SO MUCH that can go wrong. I know what you mean on quick labor, our last one was born in the car not 1 mile from the house (but still 45 miles or so from the hospital!) Those third and fourth ones can come fast.

You keep going, you can start a second fencing crew!

• Like 2

Congrats Mader. Really shows a person who is in control of everything in our lives and it isn’t us 🙏🏼

• Like 7

12 hours ago, mader656 said:

Our daughter that had the true knot in her cord was diagnosed with cerebral palsy about 2 years after she was born. We noticed it when she started walking one side was always on tip toes. Took her to a couple doctors. The last one asked if she was right or left handed. We answered definitely very right handed. His reply was that is a trick question. At her age she shouldn’t have developed the right or left hand dominance yet. Said she definitely has CP. we took her later for a scan and they determined at 38 weeks in uterio she had a vascular event that damaged one side of her brain. We never did ask if the cord in a knot was the cause or something else. You would not casually observe my daughter’s disability she does very well. Anything she sets her mind to she will get done.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Our daughter that had the true knot in her cord was diagnosed with cerebral palsy about 2 years after she was born. We noticed it when she started walking one side was always on tip toes. Took her to a couple doctors. The last one asked if she was right or left handed. We answered definitely very right handed. His reply was that is a trick question. At her age she shouldn’t have developed the right or left hand dominance yet. Said she definitely has CP. we took her later for a scan and they determined at 38 weeks in uterio she had a vascular event that damaged one side of her brain. We never did ask if the cord in a knot was the cause or something else. You would not casually observe my daughter’s disability she does very well. Anything she sets her mind to she will get done.

The knot was not tight and they could not get it to tighten afterbirth. Hopefully nothing else comes of it. 

2 hours ago, bitty said:

Our last little guy was a handful. We knew from about 20 weeks on that wife had a full placenta privea. Meaning placenta and umbilical cord were down covering opening where baby was supposed to come through. She ended up in hospital 7 weeks early. They held off delivery for two more weeks and little guy just wanted to come out on April 20th. Wife was bad diabetic during pregnancy so when little guy was born he was crying and then stopped. The doctors knew something like this was likely so they were prepared. We didn’t get to see little guy until next morning. My last contact with him was leaving the NICU after holding his little hand for a bit so doctors and nurses could work on him. Wife was lucky her obgyn was on call that week being it was Easter weekend. He had delivered a bunch of baby’s and around 2 pm came into room and said something going on on monitor we are delivering baby tonite. He said he made some calls and the head NICu doctor was coming in after Easter dinner. About 7 o’clock they prepped wife for c section. The anesthesia guy was busy wanted to do the lower block and leave for a foot surgery in the er. . The ob doctor said no you stay right where you are. He said when Tom the NICu doctor arrives we will start. He excused himself and actually walked outside for fresh air. By then NICu doctor showed up. They said hi to each other and then obgyn told anesthesiologist if I say so put her under immediately. Anesthesiologist was being kind of cocky wondering what was going on . After he looked at wife and seen scars across her mid section his exact words were what the heck did you have done before. Obgyn started surgery delivered baby and everything went according to his plan. Later the next day he explained there was a chance of the placenta staying attached and would have required immediate surgery to fix it. They also weren’t sure of wife’s pancreas surgery scars and such which ran in same area they were working. He said they had conference calls for the entire pregnancy every few weeks with other doctors in state just to plan for the unexpected. He never said any of this until after the delivery. He did mention the conference calls but not the worries of problems. Little boy turns 10 this Saturday on 4/20. 

• Like 4