another question insoles

pt756

Hello, starting to have a little arthuritus in the foot, always did wear some kind of insole, the last one was called aetrex from the shoe store, about 65 dollars , so the foot doctor suggested coming if for a custom insoles, wants 470 dollars for 2 pair, then there are the good feet stores,  never hear the good outcomes just the bad ones, I am told I have very flat feet,  thanks

• Confused 1

I went to the Good Feet Store and had no improvement.  They want you to have 2 or 3 sets of them at $500 a crack. What I'm using now my wife picked up at the pharmacy, as good as anything I've ever used. They're called Copper Fit Work. Mostly just foam inserts. Still get sore knees but that's probably not a foot issue. 

Had this on here almost a year ago. 

I had custom insoles made, i have a lot of boots so it became tedious switching them. The consul and beds gave me enough knowledge of what I needed to buy some more generic ones for the others. I have some SuperFeet and some SOLE ones. I like the SOLE, they are cork, but they smash out relatively quickly. 6-8 months of heavy wear. 
I feel that the custom beds were well worth it. 

Look up Foot Levelers, that’s what I use, see if you can find someone in your area that deals with these.  They scan your feet, and build the correct orthotics.  I’ve been using them for 5-6 years or more now.  Can’t wear shoes or boots without them! The last 2 pairs were $300 I believe? 

Power Step Pro Tech full length. I bought my first pair from the podiatrist when I had Plantar Fascitis. $100+ from them, online for half that. I've been using them in every shoe and boot since and no return of the Plantar Fascitis. They usually last as long as the shoe but sometimes wear out before under the ball of my foot.

Other than the teary testimonials on the TV commercials, I have not heard or read anything good about good feet store. 

I've had good results from the Dr Scholl's Custom Fit system. The one where you stand on the foot scanner at walmart and it tells you which one to buy. Dr. diagnosed plantar fasciitis and recommended it. They weren't cheap but far less than $500, and you get new inserts unlike good feet where they usually give you used ones. 

1 hour ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Other than the teary testimonials on the TV commercials, I have not heard or read anything good about good feet store. 

I've had good results from the Dr Scholl's Custom Fit system. The one where you stand on the foot scanner at walmart and it tells you which one to buy. Dr. diagnosed plantar fasciitis and recommended it. They weren't cheap but far less than $500, and you get new inserts unlike good feet where they usually give you used ones. 

Same here. They last me 2 pairs of boots or about 2 years daily use.  50ish bucks a pair I think. Once you know your number you can order them from the jungle website for a few bucks cheaper. $45 bucks for mine.

My innersoles came from Walmart, but I just wear Cat boots that fit (out of China), after a long break in, they are on my old feet right now, worst issue I have is a Nissan Versa has little room, in the drivers area, I end up with the brake and accelerator pedals going down at the same time, in 13 wide brogans.

Something else I dislike,  breaking in new boots.

To have  flat feet, is not necessarily a medical problem, many races of humans are born with flat feet!

• Like 1

I have Good Feet insoles. Yes they are expensive.  I wore my first ones flat.  Got a warranty replacement  no questions.  

They help.  I notice when I forget to move them into shoes for an occasion.  Relief when I get back to the shoes with them.  

The cost of insoles is in large part the expertise of knowing what is needed. It is well worth the cost .