The Gehl round baler accessory that wasn't....

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this attachment at this time. It must have been in development right before Gehl nixed the ag line & did not see production. Sure is a cool option! Wouldn't mind one for my square baler. Enjoy!!

Mike

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, from H to 80 said:

The 14 and 1875 were not the last balers produced,i'm guessing something else must have shut the project down.

Uh oh! There's too many machine numbers in my head & the Gehl numbers are wedged in between the IH numbers.

I'll have to dig a bit further into this.

Mike

3 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

The advent of wide pickups rendered that idea obsolete. 

In about what time frame would that be?

Mike

16 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

The advent of wide pickups rendered that idea obsolete. 

And the complexity compared to what I call kicker wheels (or is that really their name?) mounted to some pick ups. It does look like it worked good tho.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

In about what time frame would that be?

Mike

New Holland was offering  wide pickups by the mid 1990s, JD around the same time frame.  I would say once you get much past Y2K, wide pickups began to predominate.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

And the complexity compared to what I call kicker wheels (or is that really their name?) mounted to some pick ups. It does look like it worked good tho.

They are simple compared to the Power Sweep. Always wanted one of those saw-toothed things for my 47 baler, but there's really nothing sturdy enough to attach it to on the right side of the pickup.

Mike

On 4/17/2024 at 9:09 AM, iowaboy1965 said:

Gathering wheels is what I've always heard them called. Had them on a couple balers here. Worked really good but the duals and them didn't get along lol.  That Gehl setup would be high maintenance I would think unless it's hyd drive?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, M35A2 said:

What yeadid Gehl leave the ag/forage business?  

They got out in 2006 & were acquired by Manitou in 2008, though they had shares in the company as early as 2004.

Mike

7 hours ago, db1486 said:

Gathering wheels is what I've always heard them called. Had them on a couple balers here. Worked really good but the duals and them didn't get along lol.  That Gehl setup would be high maintenance I would think unless it's hyd drive?

These images might show a hydraulic drive? Unless that setup operates something else. Not all that familiar with the newer balers.

Mike

Snapshot 1 (4-19-2024 7-35 AM).png

Snapshot 2 (4-19-2024 7-35 AM).png

41 minutes ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

These images might show a hydraulic drive? Unless that setup operates something else. Not all that familiar with the newer balers.

Mike

Snapshot 1 (4-19-2024 7-35 AM).png

Snapshot 2 (4-19-2024 7-35 AM).png

That could be very possible. It might be to run the hyd tie too, maybe both? Now I'm more curious about these balers lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, db1486 said:

That could be very possible. It might be to run the hyd tie too, maybe both? Now I'm more curious about these balers lol

Same here!

Now that it's the weekend, I have some calls to make.

Mike

• Like 1