Guys, I need your help

sandhiller

I like my 560D. Go for it!

Mike

• Like 2

Loaders are cheaper then back surgeries and You can never have enough available. With the tractor kept in order it will never loose any value so it's a sound investment. We can come up with all kinds of reasons to have it!! Lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, F-301066460puller said:

They don't make 560's anymore.... wife's are made everyday lol

That kinda talk could be way more expensive than even Lorenzo's fine example by a bunch

• Haha 3

I hauled 4 560 diesels from Iowa City to South of Tama for a neighbor.   2 trips.   He let me pick one out to take home with me as payment.   I chose the 1963 built in the last 200 machines.  I thought I came out ahead on the deal.  They really are handy to have around.

• Like 5

I'm thinking it's one diesel, some confusion on 2 tractors? The 560 will stand out, Jean will sniff that out right quick but he just used his snowmobile so the last ones in the clear now 😁

• Haha 2

call a salvage yard and purchase a 806-1486 starter for it. You will love the way it spins and starts after having the slow moan and groan starter that comes on them. Switched 2 of them in the past couple years and went down to 1 good battery and will start as good or better than anything else on the farm

• Like 5

I grew up with  a pair of 560’s, one gas and one diesel.  The diesel was always the first tractor we used for any job it could handle.  It blew corn up a pair of 70 ft silos for years and did the planting, wore a 2MH picker in the fall, pulled the square baler, lots of jobs.  My Grandpa bought it new in ‘63 and cultivated corn with it and a 461 cultivator for 50 years. 

Edited by ihrondiesel
Spelling
  • Like 3

None of us are buying your BS.

You, as a seasoned member here, know darn well what kind of pep talk you'd get from this crowd! You just want to show this thread to wifey, to prove to her that it's our fault.

Which is fine. It's our fault. Blame me.

Then...

BUY IT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, KWRB said:

None of are buying your BS.

You, as a seasoned member here, know darn well what kind of pep talk you'd get from this crowd! You just want to show this thread to wifey, to prove to her that it's our fault.

Which is fine. It's our fault. Blame me.

Then...

BUY IT!

My guess is he already did lol

• Haha 3

Years ago I was at an equipment dealers inventory reduction auction. 3 560s and all ran. I had $1100 in my checking account. All three went for under $1500. I’m still kicking myself for not pulling up some loose change and buying one of them. 
Don’t make my mistake Jeff. Just buy it! 

• Like 1

Wow, wasn't sure I'd get any replies 🙄

You guys don't disappoint 😄

Let me see if I can answer questions 

One runner, diesel, good operating condition, he just bought a newer tractor is why he doesn't need it anymore 

One parts tractor

Like new rears in the mix somewhere 

One loader.

It is close enough I could walk over and drive it home.

Maybe pul the parts tractor behind it.

She owns more tractors and guns than I do........I've used that before 🤣

It would be replacing a 656 gas hydro which I just replaced with a 656 gas gear as a rake tractor (still have both, don't plan on getting rid of either) 

Don't have to worry how to pay for it it's cheap enough 

If I can get em parked in amongst my others wife will probably not notice 

And if she does, I'll just say aw honey you pulled the double Rowse mowers with that one when we were down on the LX ranch.

She may wrinkle up her nose but she'll believe me cuz she knows I would never lie to her😇

He told me about it a week ago depending on him getting his tractor bought. Called me this morning to offer it to me.

I'm assuming this 560 diesel will pull as well as the 656 gas?

Thanks for the tip on starters @hagan

Oh yeah, I thought I asked you guys to talk me out of it🤣🤣

Looks like I will have to go have a look at the tractors.

Thanks guys!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Wow, wasn't sure I'd get any replies 🙄

You guys don't disappoint 😄

Let me see if I can answer questions 

One runner, diesel, good operating condition, he just bought a newer tractor is why he doesn't need it anymore 

One parts tractor

Like new rears in the mix somewhere 

One loader.

It is close enough I could walk over and drive it home.

Maybe pul the parts tractor behind it.

She owns more tractors and guns than I do........I've used that before 🤣

It would be replacing a 656 gas hydro which I just replaced with a 656 gas gear as a rake tractor (still have both, don't plan on getting rid of either) 

Don't have to worry how to pay for it it's cheap enough 

If I can get em parked in amongst my others wife will probably not notice 

And if she does, I'll just say aw honey you pulled the double Rowse mowers with that one when we were down on the LX ranch.

She may wrinkle up her nose but she'll believe me cuz she knows I would never lie to her😇

He told me about it a week ago depending on him getting his tractor bought. Called me this morning to offer it to me.

I'm assuming this 560 diesel will pull as well as the 656 gas?

Thanks for the tip on starters @hillman

Oh yeah, I thought I asked you guys to talk me out of it🤣🤣

Looks like I will have to go have a look at the tractors.

Thanks guys!

Sandhiller!

I'd say that you have the blame nicely spread!  

• Haha 1

I just hooked my 560D to the 412 plow for plow day yesterday. Funny the topic should come up.

The fuel thing would be a Biggie, not to have to mess with diesel fuel plus gas. Seems like my 560D runs cheaper on fuel than my 656 gas hydros, too.

What Hagan said about starters. I had heard that for a long time, thought ya ya ya whatever. Finally put a starter from an 806 on mine. Made a different tractor out of it.

Glow plugs on mine are a continuing PITA, even with new wiring. I'm not a big fan of waiting for them to warm up, either, vs get on and go like the newer diesels. I don't run mine in the winter anyway

Wide front on a 560 is way less nimble than one on a 656. probably not an issue for raking.

Make sure the engine doesn't overheat. Good replacement heads are getting scarcer as time goes on. Don't ask me how I know.

I took mine to a fun pull one time. 16.9x38s, loaded. After I pulled, a guy that never says nice things told me "that was impressive!" FWIW.

All in all, sounds like a good move for you to buy it. Damn the torpedoes.

• Like 3

Sounds like you have your answer already Jeff but just to be sure I think the consensus is you ought to buy them based on what I gather.

We have a 460 diesel that doesn’t get used a lot and needs to find a good home but you can’t walk here nearly as fast either. 😁

• Like 1

A 560 D would be a nice tractor to have around. I vote buy it. You can blame me as well as the others. HAHA

• Like 1

I'm late to the party, but I say buy it. Then I can "borrow" those nearly new rears. 😁

• Haha 4

Isn't that gas tractor broke down????  this tractor would be cheaper than fixin the gas one.😁.  hehehehe                       Picture of it sitting in your Yet?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, mike newman said:

....No brainer, Jeff.......and think of all those spare  ''back end''   parts that ol"  @lorenzo  has gathered up  , so he dosen't have to   drag....( or is it 'drug' ??)  that ol' 560 of   his around the  park for its annual 'photo shoot ''........:rolleyes:

Mike

I have a lot of extra sheet metal stuff for a 560 and i would sell off my duals but thats about it.  I do know where he could get anything he might need though. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

We have a 460 diesel that doesn’t get used a lot and needs to find a good home but you can’t walk here nearly as fast either. 😁

Sledge, am I going to have to visit you again?😏

• Like 4