Guys, I need your help

sandhiller

My neighbor was over the other day helping me work on the grass rig. 

As we were walking through the place he was noticing all the old red iron and said "you don't have a 560 do you"   

No,       

"want one?"   

No

It runs good, used it as a rake  tractor, loader and parts tractor with little taken off could come along with it if I wanted. Has like new rears on the parts tractor 

No

It's a diesel

Noooooowelllll maybe, that would give me all diesels in the hayfield, so I wouldn't have to drag along a gas barrel too. 

Hmmmmmm

I need talked out of it. 

I really don't need it but it would be nice to have all diesels.........................

See my quandry?

It would be ashamed to be seen in the same county as @lorenzo's beautiful 560. 

It would just be a rake tractor. 

It would have a very easy life just draggin the H&S around.

I really don't know much about the series

He is thinking 2 to 3 thousand for all, but I haven't seen it other than from the road and I never gave him an indication he was in the ballpark for worth.

I really don't need the loader (not sure what it is but I've too many just sitting around) the parts tractor would be nice.

So, what do you all think?

Buy it and eat cold sammiches with the missus for the next month or walk away and enjoy her good cookin'

Don't be afraid to blaze away, I'll be gone in the truck for the next 8 or 9 hours before I check back in. 

So have at it and thank you. 

• Haha 3

So is this a runner PLUS a parts tractor?  2 for the price of 1, and you would be helping a friend out. 

Talk yourself out of it if you need to, but when opportunity knocks, you need to answer the door.

• Like 5

560’s were junk, couldn’t keep rear ends in them, probably rare at this point because they all failed in the first couple years. 

• Haha 5

All 560's are junk. By the way, can I have his phone number? It would be just to explain to him they are junk and how I would add it to my other four 560's to protect unsuspecting buyers from getting stuck with a lemon.

• Haha 11

My 560 is pretty reliable . 
Your the only one that can really answer that question ,good luck !

• Like 2

We have 3 of them.  2 diesel and one gas.  One has loaded tires and an f-11 farmhand.  We get along well with it except for feeding round bales in the mud. Just make sure the shift fork isn't worn out. The gas pulls a set of Hesston side delivery rakes and the 3rd is dad's that he's had since the mid 70s.  He bought it with the turbo kit from a crawler dozer. It's probably got 15-18,000 hrs.  Only things I remember doing to it are the t/a, clutch and a head gasket. Never had any real complaints other than the factory hydraulics are pretty slow. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Chester5732 said:

What do you mean by “sell one”?   I’ve not heard that expression before. 😂

yeah aren’t quotes like that grounds for a demerit now?

at least a three day posting ban!! 

get the stakes ready! blasphemy amongst us!!!

• Haha 9

Help? You mean like donations? Or verbal encouragement.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

My neighbor was over the other day helping me work on the grass rig. 

As we were walking through the place he was noticing all the old red iron and said "you don't have a 560 do you"   

No,       

"want one?"   

No

It runs good, used it as a rake  tractor, loader and parts tractor with little taken off could come along with it if I wanted. Has like new rears on the parts tractor 

No

It's a diesel

Noooooowelllll maybe, that would give me all diesels in the hayfield, so I wouldn't have to drag along a gas barrel too. 

Hmmmmmm

I need talked out of it. 

I really don't need it but it would be nice to have all diesels.........................

See my quandry?

It would be ashamed to be seen in the same county as @lorenzo's beautiful 560. 

It would just be a rake tractor. 

It would have a very easy life just draggin the H&S around.

I really don't know much about the series

He is thinking 2 to 3 thousand for all, but I haven't seen it other than from the road and I never gave him an indication he was in the ballpark for worth.

I really don't need the loader (not sure what it is but I've too many just sitting around) the parts tractor would be nice.

So, what do you all think?

Buy it and eat cold sammiches with the missus for the next month or walk away and enjoy her good cookin'

Don't be afraid to blaze away, I'll be gone in the truck for the next 8 or 9 hours before I check back in. 

So have at it and thank you. 

Buy  it worry how to pay for it later. We had 2 diesel 560s. The one we just sold we bought in 1989 and used it to pull mower and 9 wheel rake. The mowing tractors were a 4020 diesel and a 560 diesel. My brother then bought another 560 diesel and we ran it on double mower for 10 years. Put about a 1000 hours on it with it hooked to double mower. By it and be happy as a lark. We replaced the 560 with a diesel 856. I want to buy a nice 856 again one day. And maybe a 756.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Buy it, if your wife is like mine she'll never notice anything. They're all red and look similar so she can't tell the difference. Just don't put them all in the same place.

Mac

• Haha 2

You guys don’t know miss Jean like I do!! She has probably run every tractor Jeff has nearly as much as he has. She will know exactly what tractor has been moved! That being said, I will store them down here. She will never know you bought them and I won’t have to write the check!  I will even haul them for cheap 😁

• Haha 9

....No brainer, Jeff.......and think of all those spare  ''back end''   parts that ol"  @lorenzo  has gathered up  , so he dosen't have to   drag....( or is it 'drug' ??)  that ol' 560 of   his around the  park for its annual 'photo shoot ''........:rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 5

I can understand the hesitation to purchase another project.

If you can manage the cost and have a use and want for it then maybe you should buy it.

Things that it has going for it is that it runs and has a low shipping cost.  Be less desirable if it was a non runner and took a weekend or more time to get home, and another couple days to get running. 

• Like 1

So… with regards to my previous comments, since it’s not something you would want, could I have your neighbors number? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2