Now the trusty dishwasher has to be replaced!

oleman

This makes the second time since I became the prime user of the kitchen, the dish washer started leaking like a sieve, the parts required to do the repair would cost $250. A new one at Lowes on the spring sale was $399.  Appliances today are not worth even do it yourself repairs. I believe it is just the pump packing but the repair part is the whole recycle pump. old one is going to become my tractor parts washer if I can get around the water leak.  After I got the new one home home and unboxed it I discovered it was the same as the leaker. Hopefully it will last 5 years before it gives up.

Another day on the farm!

24 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

Bosch, not even worth bothering with another. 

That’s what we have as well. Aside from a door seal and a couple small things it’s been great. Going on 15 years old now probably. 

• Like 1

We've never used the heat/dry function. I do think it makes them last a little longer

just don't get one of those energy saving ones, replaced the one at my moms house 2 years ago and found after installing it takes 2-5 hrs. to wash a load. they use so little water per cycle that it takes more cycles to get enough water through it to do a decent job

I’m a big Bosch fan too. I’ve bought 3 in the last few years for 3 different houses ( my previous house, currrent house, and daughter’s house). I buy them used off Craigslist or Marketplace, but only from kitchen remodels.  I had bought a new one 20 years ago for a different previous house. Still going strong. 

• Like 1

I been looking for one for years, guess I’m too picky. 5’4” blonde and a little younger than me would work good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

I been looking for one for years, guess I’m too picky. 5’4” blonde and a little younger than me would work good. 

Try to find one that has that wash and fold laundry feature built in to. Although like collecting red tractors it’s probably ok to have one for every job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, forwhldrv said:

Try to find one that has that wash and fold laundry feature built in to. Although like collecting red tractors it’s probably ok to have one for every job. 

Unless they find out about each other........🤣

If they do, from what I hear you come home to all your stuff on the front lawn.....

• Haha 4

Cheap dish washer is being currently on it's first test run. FRIGIDARE by ? assembled in Kingston NC USA. After I got it installed, I read the install instructions, appear complete.

Once I assembled a EICO KIT Oscilloscope using only the schematic diagram, I got it cheap at electronics store because they had lost the assembly manual set. Was really rewarding watching that machine  display a sine wave, after I sorted out all the assembly bugs, and located missing parts. it was all vacuum tubes!!!!!!!!!!!!!, without the benefit of printed circuit boards, don't recall where it went, my reward was making it work from a box of parts.

• Like 1

Just make sure whatever you get has a grinder pump and not the filter strainer!  i bought a used Bosch that had a strainer.  What a nasty job to clean!  It was quiet, but nasty!  Sold that with the last house.