They are getting dumber by the day .....

dads706

We were running errands today, told the wife let's just order supper and bring it home.

Went into Olive Garden to order supper.... conversation went something like this.......

1. Them.  Good evening, can we take your order

2. Me.  Yeah, I would like to give you an order to go. 

3. Them. Great, what can we get for you.

4. Me.  (I give him the order)

5. Them. That will be about 20 minutes.

6. Me.  I need to run a last errand. Just have it ready at "quarter till 6".

Ok, here it comes...

Them.  "What time is that?"

Ya can't make this stuff up!!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, dads706 said:

We were running errands today, told the wife let's just order supper and bring it home.

Went into Olive Garden to order supper.... conversation went something like this.......

1. Them.  Good evening, can we take your order

2. Me.  Yeah, I would like to give you an order to go. 

3. Them. Great, what can we get for you.

4. Me.  (I give him the order)

5. Them. That will be about 20 minutes.

6. Me.  I need to run a last errand. Just have it ready at "quarter till 6".

Ok, here it comes...

Them.  "What time is that?"

Ya can't make this stuff up!!

Well I guess if they have to have the cash register tell them how much change to give (and still mess that up) this is the next step. 

• Haha 3

Better yet, ask them if they know what a phone book is 😂😂. I once had someone ask me for a relatives address, I told them to look it up in the phone book, they looked at me like I had 4 eyeballs 😂😂😂

Anyone up for a cup of joe???

Mark

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

Better yet, ask them if they know what a phone book is 😂😂. I once had someone ask me for a relatives address, I told them to look it up in the phone book, they looked at me like I had 4 eyeballs 😂😂😂

Mark

Just got our county phone book in the mail. Get one every year

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mrfred54 said:

Just got our county phone book in the mail. Get one every year

Here too, but getting thinner and thinner.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, td9inidaho said:

Mark

I haven't got a phone book in years. Wish I did get one.

• Like 1

My wife was working in the administration in a school system. It was not unusual for kids in that middle school to approach her and ask the time. She'd point to the clock over her head only to get the same question again because they could not read an analogue clock! She's since moved to Portsmouth HS where our kids attended. Those kids can all read a clock, the rich kids from Rye can read their Rolex. Portsmouth HS draws from middle class towns like our and upper middle class ++ Rye. Her former school drew from some poorer towns and some of those kids had two or three strikes against them from the start. Mom's a drug addict and dad's incarcerated.

Cursive writing, AKA Millennial code, just like the auto anti-theft manual transmission.

The National Park Service and the National Archives and Records Administration are looking for people who can read cursive to help transcribe the pension records of more than 800,000 soldiers and their widows from the Revolutionary War.

The agencies say the volunteers will become "citizen archivists" who help uncover new stories to mark the 250th anniversary of the country's founding.

Probably been a decade since I have seen a new phone book.  People do move and/or change phone numbers reducing the accuracy of older phone books.  I must not eat out enough.  I don't know of a place that you can tell a restaurant when to have something ready.  You call in and they tell you when it is ready.  Don't want it too early then call back later closer to when you want it.  The Olive Garden has to be the most pretentious restaurant in the industry.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, int 504 said:
39 minutes ago, Chester5732 said:

Ever hear of TV Guide???    I guess I am old too. 

Only old people have heard of a phone book. If it's not online it doesn't exist.

I remember useing both. Are you guys saying I'm getting old.  Jes thanks foe reminding me. LMAO   Guess I had better start slowing down.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, New Englander said:

Cursive writing, AKA Millennial code, just like the auto anti-theft manual transmission.

The National Park Service and the National Archives and Records Administration are looking for people who can read cursive to help transcribe the pension records of more than 800,000 soldiers and their widows from the Revolutionary War.

The agencies say the volunteers will become "citizen archivists" who help uncover new stories to mark the 250th anniversary of the country's founding.

I have a 23 year old niece that can’t read cursive.  The only thing she can write is her signature.   Pathetic!!  My girls, soon to be 19 and 22 can read and write cursive.  If they hadn’t learned in school I would have taught them. 

• Like 3

FB_IMG_1712926129466.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Cursive is practically useless as is learning to drive a manual for 99% of people.  I can do both but the only manual is the grain truck and I haven't written anything in cursive besides my name in 20 years.

29 minutes ago, IHandJDman said:

Cursive is practically useless as is learning to drive a manual for 99% of people.  I can do both but the only manual is the grain truck and I haven't written anything in cursive besides my name in 20 years.

I write in cursive and drive a manual transmission every day. Different for everyone. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chester5732 said:

I write in cursive and drive a manual transmission every day. Different for 

Yup.  

14 minutes ago, Chester5732 said:

I write in cursive and drive a manual transmission every day. Different for everyone. 

My eight year old Grand Daughter is practicing her cursive.

The school is teaching it.

There is hope here in South Dakota.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Chester5732 said:

Ever hear of TV Guide???    I guess I am old too. 

Yes, back in the day when we only had 1 really good station to watch, I could look and see what shows I was missing. Remember hee haw, Gilligan's island, 

Mark

• Like 1

Hasn't been a phone book here in at least a decade and if you want one I think you have to buy it.

Just about everyone has switched from landline to mobile phone 

They stopped teaching reading  a dial clock around here also 

I am willing to bet there has been a big decline in all the skills that used to be required

And we pay more for the public education then we ever did

Maybe the POTUS should look a the shrinkflation in the education system 

• Like 2

Nine licensed vehicles here, only one that has an auto transmission. The car when we bought it came from a collage age girl. She said she wanted a manual transmission so her friends in school would not ask to borrow it. What would happen if we gave these kids a rotary phone to go with the phone book? 

• Like 1

Well rotary phones are incompatible with the phone systems of today and cursive’s only good point is quicker to write as pen doesn’t leave paper but is much harder to read. With everything computerized for writing now printing is fine other than a signature and most of those are becoming electronic now.