Dirty rotten so and so

lotsaIHCs

Last night on my way home from work I was driving back roads just seeing the sights. I came over a little hill and agout a half mile ahead i could see a car stopped in the road and someone outside the car. Then he jumped into the car and took off. Thought it was kinda weird. When I got to where he was stopped, there was a very bewildered looking dog just sitting at the edge of the gravel road. Not sure of breed but maybe a Border collie shepherd mix of some kind. I can't prove it since I didn't actually see it happen, but I'm sure they dumped their dog off and left it there. I caught up to the car and got the license plate and called county dispatch, then went to find the dog. He was nowhere to be found. I probably should have grabbed him when I saw him but you never know about strange dogs. I really hate people who dump their animals off in the country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

We are supposed to have a license to drive, supposed to have a license to marry and supposed to have a license to possess a dog. Some times I think they give out those licenses to any thing with a pulse. Especially the first and last. 

Shoulda quit reading when I saw what this was about.

Now I'm going to bed mad and sad

Hope the pup finds his way safely to someone who will love and care for him.

As far as the ******* who abandoned him.

I hope your dirty deed returns to you tenfold.

• Like 4

I remember years ago people bringing their Easter Chicks to the farm after they grew up to be annoying roosters. Some just kicked out of the car on the road. I don't think Easter chicks is a thing anymore.

Too bad , not right at all .

18 minutes ago, New Englander said:

I remember years ago people bringing their Easter Chicks to the farm after they grew up to be annoying roosters. Some just kicked out of the car on the road. I don't think Easter chicks is a thing anymore.

TSC and others around here won't sell less than 4 or 6 chicks to prevent people from buying an "Easter chick". 

I hate it when people dump animals or abuse them in anyway.

• Like 5

When I called sheriff's dispatch, I gave the license plate number and description if the vehicle. He checked it out and confirmed that the plate number and vehicle matched then said that the owner's address wasn't in our area. He wouldn't say where he was from though. A deputy contacted me and took down all of the information I could provide. He said he was going to make contact with the vehicle owner and see what he had to say. Maybe the guy saw the dog along the road and stopped to check him out, but that doesn't make sense to me. The dog had no collar and was a mile in any direction from an occupied farm. He looked totally out of place, like he had no idea where he should go. I wish he had stayed where he was, I would have picked him up and checked with nearby farms since  I somewhat know the people in the area. Enough to know who most of them are anyway.

34 minutes ago, lotsaIHCs said:

When I called sheriff's dispatch, I gave the license plate number and description if the vehicle. He checked it out and confirmed that the plate number and vehicle matched then said that the owner's address wasn't in our area. He wouldn't say where he was from though. A deputy contacted me and took down all of the information I could provide. He said he was going to make contact with the vehicle owner and see what he had to say. Maybe the guy saw the dog along the road and stopped to check him out, but that doesn't make sense to me. The dog had no collar and was a mile in any direction from an occupied farm. He looked totally out of place, like he had no idea where he should go. I wish he had stayed where he was, I would have picked him up and checked with nearby farms since  I somewhat know the people in the area. Enough to know who most of them are anyway.

Agree with your assessment.

Sounds like a dumping.

POS...

I hate people,

The dog I grew up with was dumped along the road in front of our place.  Lady was part Pomeranian.  She was also pregnant.  She was my daily companion as a little boy.  My Mom said she knew if she could see Lady I wasn't far away.  She was terrified of thunder.  She was a loving dog.  Why people get dogs when they don't want to take care of them I don't understand.  The "Easter" chick thing is like people who tell me how cute little pigs are.  They are clueless,  they somehow believe that the animal will stay small and cute.

4 hours ago, barkerwc4362 said:

how cute little pigs are

Ha! That reminds me of the time i brought my then girlfriend by the farm where I worked. We shared the farm with another operator who had let some pigs and sows get well beyond market size and they just wandered the place freely. They resembled hippos and my girl, a city girl, thought pigs looked like the cartoon Porky Pig. Shattered that illusion. When I saw her reaction I took her to see a boar for a really great reaction!

• Haha 2

That's awful, hopefully he gets caught and the pup finds it's way into a better home. I'm sitting here typing with my rescue pup lounging in his bed. Someone kicked him out and he started following my grandpa on a tractor. Grandpa pulled in the barn since it was starting to sprinkle rain. The dog laid down under the tractor and no amount of coaxing would get him out from under that tractor. Well it started raining harder and a big clap of thunder boomed and he shot out from under the tractor and jumped in my wife's lap. We of course contacted the animal shelter to try to find it's owners, put up flyers, craigslist ads, etc but no one claimed him. We've had him ever since. He's the most loving dog I have ever had, and he's been wonderful with kids