RPRU 2024

Anyone know of the 5 millionth 1066 will be at the roundup in person in spencer this summer? 

15 hours ago, 1967806 said:

Anyone know of the 5 millionth 1066 will be at the roundup in person in spencer this summer? 

I am sorry to report that it will not be there.  Ft. Benton Ag Museum depends on it during their peak summer season because people travel to the museum,  expecting to see it.  When we asked their response: "We have a good relationship with Iowa Chapter 5.  You would be welcome to borrow the 5 millionth tractor for a winter convention anytime.  We just cannot have it on loan during the summer."  

However,  we do plan to celebrate the the production of that special tractor that rolled off the assembly line in Rock Island February 1, 1974.  We have 3 🤞 5 millionth clones coming to the show.  If you have one, please plan to display it!  It will be front and center in an indoor exhibit.  (You can contact me with questions.)  Everyone else, we want you to celebrate by bringing your favorite 1066.  Original,  faded or new paint.  We love them all!

• Like 1

I see. I completely understand the museums point. Guess I might just have to load the wife up someday and take a road trip to Ft. Benton. Always wanted to see Mt. Rushmore someday. Looks like it would be along the way from here. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Time to get this up to the front of the list?

I got my motel verified and my personal golf cart registered.

Who is going?

Meeting somewhere?

PS: If staying at the Super 8 in Spencer, it is now the Northwest Inn.

I called them and was assured that my reservations were moved over from Super 8 to NW Inn.

Something actually worked right. But I am not laying in my bed there, yet!

Gonna do my best to be there 1 day anyway. Will be driving to and from the same day.

• Like 1

I was hoping to actually participate with #20 1456, my 1066 NF, and 1 other that I wasn’t sure which, but things happened that caused me to pull the reigns back!! I’m hoping I can get there for 1 day now, but unfortunately that’s not looking good at this point in time either! 😩

56 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

I was hoping to actually participate with #20 1456, my 1066 NF, and 1 other that I wasn’t sure which, but things happened that caused me to pull the reigns back!! I’m hoping I can get there for 1 day now, but unfortunately that’s not looking good at this point in time either! 😩

There will always be work to do and money to make Blaine.  Take some time to enjoy things.  I’ve seen too many people bust their tail waiting for retirement to do things.  Then pass before retirement or are not physically able when they retire.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nate said:

There will always be work to do and money to make Blaine.  Take some time to enjoy things.  I’ve seen too many people bust their tail waiting for retirement to do things.  Then pass before retirement or are not physically able when they retire.   

I hear what you are saying, but just not going to happen this year! The KW took $60k from me last month, and June is our busiest month when it comes to hauling.  So I can maybe breakaway for a day, come walk the show and get back home, but I’m not going to have the funds to haul a load down and be out of the truck for 3-4 days right now.  I’m bummed, and the step deck will need another $3-$5000 in work put into it as well, I’m just tapped out! You know what they say about the 2 T’s taking your money!! I swear the truck can see my bank account and monitors it closely!!🤣

9 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

I hear what you are saying, but just not going to happen this year! The KW took $60k from me last month, and June is our busiest month when it comes to hauling.  So I can maybe breakaway for a day, come walk the show and get back home, but I’m not going to have the funds to haul a load down and be out of the truck for 3-4 days right now.  I’m bummed, and the step deck will need another $3-$5000 in work put into it as well, I’m just tapped out! You know what they say about the 2 T’s taking your money!! I swear the truck can see my bank account and monitors it closely!!🤣

Buy a truck, they said!   Make lots of money, they said!  

Im planning on being there on Friday with a couple of my boys.  It’s about an hour and a half drive for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Ouch,   That’s a good enough excuse.  Better than I had to stay home and watch the crops grow!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

Im planning on being there on Friday with a couple of my boys.  It’s about an hour and a half drive for me. 

Exactly!!! Well I’ve gotten really lucky with it the last 5-6 years! It’s had a lot of blowby, and all over the place with oil consumption, but the last 2 oil changes it got before the overhaul, it was burning and leaking 8 gallons in 10,000 miles, and it didn’t take much to get to a 1000 on the pyro, it was time!

If I come down for a day, it’s 4 hours 1 way! But I really want to be there! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

I was told that a truck knows what is in the bank account and it will always want it’s share. 
I try to keep the truck account with just enough money to run the week. 
We(Lisa and I) will be there Friday, all day. Only going to be there for the entire day, truck, cows, and other stuff around the house need my attention. 

• Like 3

I am glad so many of you are making the trip!  We have worked hard to organize a wonderful show for you.  It is 3 hours and 40 minutes from my place up there, so I feel your pain.   I have placed Mke Links next to Pete under some shade trees.  So, the afternoon forum meet and greets should be comfortable. We will meet Thursday,  Friday and Saturday.   Looking forward to seeing many of you again. -Aaron 

• Like 1