Eclipse plans?

acem

52 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

My cheapo glasses said “made in USA” on them. 

Isn't that the name of an Oriental town ? Pronunciation is Yousa ? 

• Haha 5

I know I’ve seen Mexico Missouri. Chine Mo is east of Branson and just north of the Arkansas state line. 

I enjoyed the day. Finished working a field early morning.

Drove to in-laws for the eclipse, had a cookout and party.

Good times with good people and a special event.

Totality was impressive.

• Like 4

Pretty much dud here. They were calling for a break in clouds in time for it but missed it by an hour or so. 
We were told this morning at work anyone that wanted to go outside and watch it could, production would suffer for it. That was a shocker. Of course when boss asked if we wanted to see it, I said no and was promptly told I could stay back and do 5 other peoples jobs while they went outside so production wouldn’t suffer. They were allowed to go outside from 3:10-3:30 but all 5 of us ended up passing and stayed to work. One guy went out for a minute and a girl said “see the sun is behind that cloud over there”. He said “no I don’t see there’s a cloud in the way” and walked back inside. 
Supposedly there was not a hotel room to be had in the county and they were expecting 100,000 tourists. Traffic was very light last night this morning and this afternoon. Don’t know if they way overestimated or if the clouds really drove that many people away. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I know I’ve seen Mexico Missouri. Chine Mo is east of Branson and just north of the Arkansas state line. 

Been through Mexico, Louisiana & Paris, without leaving the state!!

• Like 3

Daughter had an orthodontist appointment in Kokomo so we went and saw at the Howard county fairgrounds.  It was pretty cool and the kids all thought so to.

• Like 2

Had the welding helmet handy so I took a look at about 12:30 here. You could just see the bottom portion blocked out. Visibly to the eye you couldn’t tell anything was going on. Maybe just the slightest haze look like the sun coming through smoke. I don’t know could’ve just been my eyes or mind thinking it saw it too lol. Tried to take a photo through the welding lens but it didn’t show much. If you really zoomed in on it you could kind of see it. 

• Like 2

total dud here, it was sunny, didnt get any darker than a cloudy day - experienced better eclipses in years gone by, the older i get the less attention I give to this stuff, guess im getting crotchety and dont really care and it seems annoying when working and people waste time with it vs working - didnt stop people from wasting time and using it for an excuse to get out of their responsibilities 

i looked out the window once just to see hundreds of people with their phones/glasses looking up and i just shook my head 

whoooop T do was about all i could muster 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My BIL seen this in Nebraska.

A rare photo?

Eclipse Dick.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I will prefer this type of Eclipse...

FB_IMG_1712688664408.jpg.1895a8d67f10900ca9818c8c76d98c7e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3