Eclipse plans?

acem

The eclipse will be total here and the locals are going nuts getting ready. They expect major traffic jams and all kinds of people.

We are planning on having a party at my wife's sister's.

What's y'all's plans?

We are in an area of “totality” also. Hotel prices are through the moon and long lost friends have been calling in wanting a place to sit and watch.  That’s Turkey season here and I hope to try and find an eclipse Turkey to shoot that morning. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

We are in an area of “totality” also. Hotel prices are through the moon and long lost friends have been calling in wanting a place to sit and watch.  That’s Turkey season here and I hope to try and find an eclipse Turkey to shoot that morning. 

Todd I don't think I want to get there for this eclipse but if one happens during deer season ..... 😂 

Good luck with that turkey you tied up for the morning 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

I hope so, we need it.

Rain yes, not storms so much. 👍

No plans and don't think we are in an area that we have a total eclipse? Haven't heard any talk here any way. But I know where I would be if we were......in the dark. 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Rain yes, not storms so much. 👍

No plans and don't think we are in an area that we have a total eclipse? Haven't heard any talk here any way. But I know where I would be if we were......in the dark. 😎

Northeast Illinois doesn’t need any right now, had 3” last 10 days water standing everywhere and most of next week is rain.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Northeast Illinois doesn’t need any right now, had 3” last 10 days water standing everywhere and most of next week is rain.

Been dry here. Got a little yesterday and the night before. Just enough to make the top of the gravel road a bit greasy in spits and a few puddles. Maybe 1/4" or a bit more.

• 4 weeks later...

Next Monday early dismissal after a week off this week. Don't want to transport kids during the eclipse was on the message Fri 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bitty said:

Next Monday early dismissal after a week off this week. Don't want to transport kids during the eclipse was on the message Fri 

Most districts around here are giving the kids the day off.  Fairly easy to do since virtually no snow days were used this past winter.  

20 hours ago, acem said:

You had me going there for a second. Knew it was too good to be true! Weather guessers in our area are saying a possibility of rain that day; that might keep some folks away from us. Also a good chance that it'll be cloudy and that might help also. 

I just read a statement from the Greers Ferry area saying there's a possibility that all these people that are coming will not be able to leave, roads jammed, etc. Asking residents to mark off boundaries with tape/rope, and getting 2 weeks worth of fuel and supplies stored up. They also say (and this is the really fishy part) that cell service will go down and internet service will be iffy at best. A guy probably ought to take it all with a grain of salt, but I'll be glad when it's over!

Mac

Edit for clarity: When I said the sight-seers won't be able to leave, I meant leave immediately afterward. Those that "know" say roads may be congested for 3 to 5 days; again, I take it all with a grain of salt. 

• Confused 1